Gibson Brands Forums

Flying V Robot pick up change

elephant

I have a flying v robot that comes stock with 500t & 498t humbucker. Two buttons, one is for volume and another one is for tone and is acting as the robot control knob.

I wish to replace the stock pick ups with EMG81 and EMG60. Are active pick ups compatible with robot guitars? My problems are (1) there is not enough room for battery in the wiring hole, (2) I am scared to unwire and rewire the robot control knob. I am willing to use just one volume knob and disable the tone knob. If I do that would the tone be 10 or 0 or somewhere between fixed at all time?

Has anyone encountered this task? Please kindly help in recommending a solution going about this. Thank you so much.

I have a flying v robot that comes stock with 500t & 498t humbucker. Two buttons' date=' one is for volume and another one is for tone and is acting as the robot control knob.

I wish to replace the stock pick ups with EMG81 and EMG60. Are active pick ups compatible with robot guitars? My problems are (1) there is not enough room for battery in the wiring hole, (2) I am scared to unwire and rewire the robot control knob. I am willing to use just one volume knob and disable the tone knob. If I do that would the tone be 10 or 0 or somewhere between fixed at all time?

Has anyone encountered this task? Please kindly help in recommending a solution going about this. Thank you so much.

[/quote']

u want my help? **** the 60 get the 85 your welcome

Do the robots pup's have a little plug that plugs into a circuit board looking deal? If so you can unplug them, cut the wire leaving enough of it protruding from the plug so you can solder your new pup leads to the plug. Finding a place to hide the batteries will be a pain, especially if you don't want to route out a portion of the body. There may be space enough between the two pickups if the V is routed out similar to an sg.

Archived