Gibson Brands Forums

A New Day

MrNylon

Now I'm home, and healing up. They don't know what caused it. Ya' just never know. I'm at least now able to start to play the bass again. A new day.

I wish you the best in your recovery and am glad you were able to get home and start playing again.

It is so true, the whole thing about taking stock of your blessings. Enjoy your guitars and remember that just like that, no matter what you're b1tch1ng about, it can seem very trivial when your health is compromised.

Take care of yourselves, guys!!!

Wow talk about a BAD day? Jeeze, Sorry to learn of all your troubles, but thankful to know that you made it through the ordeal.

I just turned 60,, These kind of stories are starting to hit close to home.

Did they even have music when you were a kid?

rct

Even though I'm not playing a Gibson Bass any longer, this is why I like the Gibson Site. It's the people here. You're the best. It's ironic how in life, how things have a different slant in regards to your age at a time in your life. What really is kinda' spooky about my health issue, I had no warning that anything was wrong, or going wrong. So,.......... live your life, and like my old friend Felix P. said, READY PLAY!!!

Glad to hear you're doing better. Having gone through multiple medical issues over the past several months, I know the feeling. What started out as a simple knee operation (my fourth) morphed into simultaneous unrelated issues. After a subsequent diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis, a blown disk in my lower back and a torn labrum and biceps tendon in my right shoulder (both requiring surgery), I will begin the physical therapy for both surgeries soon. No explanation as to why I got hit with all these issues at the same time, but I can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. By the time I'm done, it will have been nearly a year since I've been able to play. So I have that to look forward to.

Glad to hear you're doing better. Having gone through multiple medical issues over the past several months, I know the feeling. What started out as a simple knee operation (my fourth) morphed into simultaneous unrelated issues. After a subsequent diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis, a blown disk in my lower back and a torn labrum and biceps tendon in my right shoulder (both requiring surgery), I will begin the physical therapy for both surgeries soon. No explanation as to why I got hit with all these issues at the same time, but I can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. By the time I'm done, it will have been nearly a year since I've been able to play. So I have that to look forward to.

WOW! You've been tested for life's toughness, and are winning! You get my vote for knowing the meaning of life. I'm glad that you have the light at the end of the tunnel working with you too. Here's hoping you can get your health back as soon as possible. lPcodIX.gif

WOW! You've been tested for life's toughness, and are winning! You get my vote for knowing the meaning of life. I'm glad that you have the light at the end of the tunnel working with you too. Here's hoping you can get your health back as soon as possible. lPcodIX.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Although this has all been very aggravating, I'm grateful none of it has been life threatening. However, it has given me a greater appreciation of the simple things in life.

Good Lawdy, Miss Clawdy... There be an episode.

Health-wise, I've been blessed... So far. Thankfully, I've had parents surviving malignant cancers - they've made it to the 10-year "you're clear"-mark with no complications. If I had one wish... Well, I've used it up now.

A surgical nurse told me I almost didn't make it. I was close to my end. There was one part of my surgery where my vitals almost dropped out. Not what I wanted to hear, but the results worked out ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard how you're doing since this post. Are things going a bit better for you I hope?

I haven't heard how you're doing since this post. Are things going a bit better for you I hope?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing much better. My neurosurgeon lifted physical restrictions last week. And my orthopedic surgeon took the sling off my right arm on Wednesday. Because of the repair to my biceps tendon, he put me on a 5 pound weight limit on my right arm until I see him again in a month. I can try playing again as long as I'm not supporting the weight of the guitar or bass with my right arm and the range of motion in my shoulder allows for it. I started physical therapy for my back and shoulder yesterday so hopefully within a month or so I will back as close to new as I will ever get.

Thanks for asking. I'm doing much better. My neurosurgeon lifted physical restrictions last week. And my orthopedic surgeon took the sling off my right arm on Wednesday. Because of the repair to my biceps tendon, he put me on a 5 pound weight limit on my right arm until I see him again in a month. I can try playing again as long as I'm not supporting the weight of the guitar or bass with my right arm and the range of motion in my shoulder allows for it. I started physical therapy for my back and shoulder yesterday so hopefully within a month or so I will back as close to new as I will ever get.

That's a step in the right direction. Glad to hear you're progressing. Hang in there man. lPcodIX.gif

Archived