Gibson Brands Forums

SG Bridge

Clayguy

I just bought a used 2014 SG off Craigslist which I believe is the special faded model. I was said to have been upgraded with gold hardware and deluxe tuners. The neck had chevron stickers over the dot inlays which came off as soon as the neck was oiled. The luthier I took it to for set-up told me he'd never seen a bridge mounted directly with screws into the body like this one had. I would be grateful if anyone could help me identify what this bridge is and if I should replace it. Thanks for any advice, pictures included hopefully will help.

I just bought a used 2014 SG off Craigslist which I believe is the special faded model. I was said to have been upgraded with gold hardware and deluxe tuners. The neck had chevron stickers over the dot inlays which came off as soon as the neck was oiled. The luthier I took it to for set-up told me he'd never seen a bridge mounted directly with screws into the body like this one had. I would be grateful if anyone could help me identify what this bridge is and if I should replace it. Thanks for any advice, pictures included hopefully will help.

Pictures would help on that mate; get a PhotoBucket account (free); upload images, and then get the IMG code, which you paste into the body of your post.

Archived