Gibson Brands Forums

LP Trad IV? Where to get these pickups?

iluvcrap2000

So Got an email from GC and their BS Guitar-a-thon sale(Which isn't as I keep track of prices) anywhoo, spotted this "Just Arrived" Model.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-IV-Flame-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar.gc

Interesting, nice top, but was wondering about the coil selector and the Pickups, Their supposed to be modelled after 57's but use Alnico 3 Mags, I've been looking for PU that have these(few around) and wanted to know where to get them.

hmm Found a page from 2015 a Trad III same specs, this a GC excuslive?

Guest Farnsbarns

A custombucker has no spec. They're basically burstbuckers with special specs for a given use, often collectors choice models etc.

A custombucker has no spec. They're basically burstbuckers with special specs for a given use, often collectors choice models etc.

My 2013 58 VOS has Alnico 3s in the CustomBuckers. Great pickups. If these are comparable to what is in my 58 VOS, that is a good thing to me.

Guest Farnsbarns

My 2013 58 VOS has Alnico 3s in the CustomBuckers. Great pickups. If these are comparable to what is in my 58 VOS, that is a good thing to me.

I looked into this. Your 2013 does have custombuckers according to all the specs I can see. That means another Gibson nomenclature has gone wierd. It used to mean custom spec burstbuckers but they've obviously adopted it as a model name now. Sigh.

I looked into this. Your 2013 does have custombuckers according to all the specs I can see. That means another Gibson nomenclature has gone wierd. It used to mean custom spec burstbuckers but they've obviously adopted it as a model name now. Sigh.

Gotta love Gibson change. I do love those pickups, unlike anything else in my collection.

Archived