Gibson Brands Forums

Snarks and Performing

There's no right or wrong here

I want a tuner on the end of my guitar along with a capo and a lit sparkler then I'll have one

You think it looks stupid , I don't care , I don't like that shirt you're wearing

These things don't matter folks , doesn't look unprofessional, doesn't look anything other than a tuner on the end of a guitar .

Geez louise

'How was the gig last night bob?'

' oh I don't know didn't stay , there was a tuner on the end of his guitar so I left knowing it would be rubbish '

Unbelievable some of the things you read in here

Here, here.

My capoes sit on the headstocks of both of my acoustics (one six string and one twelve) and I don't really care if it bothers anyone. It's difficult enough to perform in front of people, for me anyway, without having to worry about what someone things about a little piece of gear on my guitar. Much bigger things to worry about than that in life in my opinion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no right or wrong here

I want a tuner on the end of my guitar along with a capo and a lit sparkler then I'll have one

You think it looks stupid , I don't care , I don't like that shirt you're wearing

😂 I'm going with a lit sparkler next time out.

Ah, friends, we live in interesting times. Music stands and tuners and capos - oh, MY! I like a bar stool slightly upstage left from where I'm standing. Room enough for my assorted crap (tuner, capo, a few x-tra flatpicks, glass of water, and maybe a couple harmonicas and a rack), but I am old and tend to stay with what's comfortable. The only thing I want on paper is my set list. However, as an old lib-er-al, my nod goes to whatever works for whoever's performing. I'll even overlook my phobia of music stands if necessary😒

Ah, friends, we live in interesting times. Music stands and tuners and capos - oh, MY! I like a bar stool slightly upstage left from where I'm standing. Room enough for my assorted crap (tuner, capo, a few x-tra flatpicks, glass of water, and maybe a couple harmonicas and a rack), but I am old and tend to stay with what's comfortable. The only thing I want on paper is my set list. However, as an old lib-er-al, my nod goes to whatever works for whoever's performing. I'll even overlook my phobia of music stands if necessary😒

This is just unbelievable, unfathomable even, I'm not sure I can grasp the the thought processes that lead to this kind of statement.

A glass of water?

rct

The stool could include fish glue, but it clogs the harps and makes them difficult to play😷 The clear liquid (water) has MANY uses, but only a couple variations (?) 👹 and must be used in a sparing manner, lest it interfere with coherent performance. In some circumstances, tea (with a couple cubes of ice) may be substituted as well. 😇 One must avoid mixing them, however!

Archived