Gibson Brands Forums

Wednesday song bbg

blindboygrunt

Loved it Grunt...

By the way I thought about you last Friday night at my gig as we went into a midnight jam of Wild Rover...

You ever play Clancy Brothers? My wife' brother is married to one of the daughters....

Oh have played wild rover many times ... it's one of those 'ah god please dont make us play that ' songs.

Every bugger does it. Punters love it though

M

I've steered away from Irish folk .

But still love a bit of the Clancys. If I'm feeling all bee jaysus

Used to do wild rover to the tune of ghost riders in the sky. And get everyone to do the HO ! HA! Parts

Aaaah.. This is why we do what we do! (in my case, why I keep trying to roll that rock back up the hill)

Great picking - wonderful singing. Song choice - a gentle reminder that Dylan really did deserve that Nobel Prize for literature.

As an aside - The Clancy Brothers are, to me, an 'acquired taste'. Anyone who might blanch at the genre would only have to listen to "The Gallant Forty-Twa" to have their eyes (ears) opened.

Aaaah.. This is why we do what we do! (in my case, why I keep trying to roll that rock back up the hill)

Great picking - wonderful singing. Song choice - a gentle reminder that Dylan really did deserve that Nobel Prize for literature.

As an aside - The Clancy Brothers are, to me, an 'acquired taste'. Anyone who might blanch at the genre would only have to listen to "The Gallant Forty-Twa" to have their eyes (ears) opened.

Hey. There'll be none of that kinda thing in this pub

Archived