Gibson Brands Forums

Whereabouts of Keef's Exile Bird?

I happed to come across a post on facebook of a guy who claims a friend of his owns KR's Exile era hummingbird:

IMG_3797_zps2nrgy8aj.jpg

I know he has not played a bird live in the recent stones tours (90's and beyond) ...Hell he didn't even use them much live in the old days afaik.only for some of their classic appearances on Sullivan and such.

So this could very well be it .Certainly looks like his when compared to the Nellcote photos.

Is there any info out there on what became of Keef's hummingbirds?

I know Jagger still has two of his originals( one blonde from 1963,the other cherry but don't know the year)

JC

Could be one of the guitars that got stolen out of Villa Nellcôte.

A way - perhaps the only - to prove this would be to compare the bleeding red guards.

And if we go sherlock by studying this pic there might be something to it - look at the dark spot above the left wing of the butterfly. Voila !

http://3.bp.blogspot...%C3%A9,+1971+(3).jpg

Jagger has a blonde 68'er as well.

Could be one of the guitars that got stolen out of Villa Nellcôte.

A way - perhaps the only - to prove this would be to compare the bleeding red guards.

And if we go sherlock by studying this pic there might be something to it - look at the dark spot above the left wing of the butterfly. Voila !

http://3.bp.blogspot...%C3%A9,+1971+(3).jpg

Jagger has a blonde 68'er as well.

Wow,

You are right !!!

That is very exciting.

the black adj saddle is the same.

I always wondered who the hell had that guitar and if this is it ...It's amazing to see it all these years later.

Thanks Em7

Edit: I have also noticed that both guitars have certain (similar) grain lines that stand out on the top

JC

Archived