Gibson Brands Forums

Love the One You're With

aerohead

I'm learning this tune in some kind of open C tuning not sure exactly what the tuning is called but it really unlocks the sound I could never quite get in standard tuning.

The tuning from low to high is C C C C G C. Only one string the A is tuned up and the rest tuned down.

I think it was EA that said in a post last week that it takes about 30 times playing a song start to finish to be totally comfortable playing it in public. This is about my sixth time playing it start to finish but thought I would share it anyhow.

I wish there were other songs in this tuning otherwise I don't think I will ever play it again unless I tell my wife I "NEED" a new guitar with robotuners. Wish me luck on that!

My link

This is one of our staples me and my buddy play. I love this song. I play it standard, capo'd up high... and some kind of c-g chord stuff. He plays somewhere else on the fretboard. It's a great tune. Now enough about me, and the tune.

Your version is great! I gotst to learn this brother.

Great share.

Thanks guys. Still needs work, which it will probably never get on account of the tuning.

It's on songs like this where every string gets tuned differently that I totally get the robotuners. I've had my Epi in this tuning for 2 days now.

1493964053[/url]' post='1853367']

Nice job Aerohead, great tune. Where did you get that version? Tabs?

A guy on YouTube gave a lesson on it.

The guy's name is James James I recommend looking him up, not only is he a great teacher but he has some nice Gibby acoustics!

Archived