Gibson Brands Forums

A couple of nice Ebay Specials

Rabs

Those guitars are awesome and not a bad price, really. I love the used look and as long as they play and sound good, it's definitely a steal. I love a guitar that's been played and used and loved.

I was going to say that I didn't think the DC was genuine (the seller expresses his own doubts and therefore doesn't advertise it as a Gibson) because I couldn't see the thin sliver of black plastic which should be between the P-90 cover and the end of the neck on a late '59 TV Special but on closer inspection I believe there IS something there. If it IS there then I think it's the real deal. Have a good look at images #4 and #11...

Other opinions welcome!

I've seen both early and late '59s with different control locations, different neck-set positions and different p'guard shapes.

It's likely to have been a bit of a suck-it-and-see scenario. Nothing was set in stone, it would seem, as they tried to resolve the weak neck-joint issues.

Pip.

EDIT : There's one here as a means of comparison;

http://www.normansra...&cat=169&page=1

I'd think it genuine Pip - i can't come upo with any other explanation. Obviously played like someone stole it, so assume it's good (or the owners were really poor if it's a copy), can't imagine these were copied much back in the day by the Japanese as hardly the most popular Gibson, but it's possible - though you'd think by the time they were copying they'd go for the later pup position. I can't make a logical argument for it not being genuine [confused]

I...can't imagine these were copied much back in the day by the Japanese as hardly the most popular Gibson, but it's possible......I can't make a logical argument for it not being genuine...

I agree with all you say, 'Scales.

I'd love to see it in person.

Pip.

I'd love to see it in person.

Pip.

I would not buy that one without seeing it in person. There just aren't enough close up pics. The headstock logo looks squirrely to me. I'd need some convincing.

1100 and 2500 GBP with 10 hours to go. I reckon they'll be half that again maybe.

Get in there Rabs!!!!!

£2,050 and £5,600.

I'd like to think the person who bought the 'suspect' DC got the bargain of the year............Rabs?

Pip.

£2,050 and £5,600.

I'd like to think the person who bought the 'suspect' DC got the bargain of the year............Rabs?

Pip.

I bloody wish :)

I haven't had any spare money since about 2011... <_<

Archived