Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my late 2008 Vintage Mahogany

PMC

I like the sound a lot rocketman, the Burstbuckers sound good. The guitar really shines through a VOX AC30 amp. Thats the next amp I want. To me the BurstBuckers have a sound like the guitar has smoked 2 packs a day for the last 20 years on some settings.....I like a little grit in the sound.

On the other hand they can also sound REALLY clean. Some have said these guitars sound to bright or dark, I think this one lends itself to the darker side but not that dark. I really ran the guitar hard yesterday for about 3 hours and the tuners have held up great, I dont see any need to swap them out. Plus I like a light weight tuners.

I have started a new Les Paul money envelope for a Standard or Traditional that I will buy later this summer, maybe sooner =P~ I really want a maple top now, Tobacco Burst would be nice.

I am going reshape the ends of the frets a little, they are not bad but could be better, besides that she is good.

This guitar is the best bang for the buck out there. I wonder how long Gibson will keep making them, if you look at it, buying this guitar has me wanting to spend more money for another LP.

I played one of these and also a faded explorer in Guitar Centre last year. They both really breathed life! Both superb Guitars.

Sadly from what I can see the faded (if it is the same) Les Paul Studio, is available in the Uk... but it hasn't got the Burstbucker pros. I know this would excite so many punters too.

Congratulations. I love real wood and gloss gone!

Matt

Nice VM... I own two. I swapped the BB Pros out of one and replaced with P94s. I love the feel of the guitar so much and got a steal of a price on the second one to make the mod happen for less cash, which is always nice. I do love the BB Pros in my original though, they do tend to sound a bit darker in general but I love the sound and feel of these guitars.

Nice VM... I own two. I swapped the BB Pros out of one and replaced with P94s. I love the feel of the guitar so much and got a steal of a price on the second one to make the mod happen for less cash' date=' which is always nice. I do love the BB Pros in my original though, they do tend to sound a bit darker in general but I love the sound and feel of these guitars.[/quote']

Hi thejay

I noticed you have a lot of natural finish guitars. Do you prefer the tone to glossed guitars?

Matt

Archived