Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson B-28?

Road-Dog

This ad in Asheville,NC Craigslist---can't find any info about this guitar---anyone? https://asheville.craigslist.org/msg/6112643921.html

Really hard to find much info on the net about this one. It's a B-28 made in 1989 from the first year of production when Gibson opened the Montana plant. It's all solid wood and has the Martin D28 scale..25.4, not your typical Gibson scale.

Part of the 'Blue Ridge' line of less expensive guitars that Gibson did briefly around that time. They also did a Southern Jumbo in that series. Not bad guitars, but sound quality was prone to vary from one example to the next.

I can't find anything on that particular model, but given that the Blueridge was specifically a lower-priced guitar, the back and sides could be laminated wood, rather than solid. It certainly was built that way when introduced back in the 1970's.

I would want a serial number to confirm the year as well.

I can't find anything on that particular model, but given that the Blueridge was specifically a lower-priced guitar, the back and sides could be laminated wood, rather than solid. It certainly was built that way when introduced back in the 1970's.

I would want a serial number to confirm the year as well.

The lam back and sides were how the BRSJ's were constructed. They also had an under-saddle pickup. I believe the idea was to compete in the range of Martin's Shanendoah guitars.

Archived