Gibson Brands Forums

1952 L-48 for sale excellent condition

Have a super clean '52 L-48 Archtop for sale cosmetically it's in amazing shape and plays like a dream. Low action, straight neck, amazing player. Let me know if anyone is interested I am located in St Louis MO but can ship anywhere in the U.S. I can send pics if interested just message me

Sorry, new to the forums don't really know the rules or guidelines thought I was posting under "Gibson Acoustic" my apologies. Hello all! My name is Cory, I'm from STL and I've been playing about 10 years now. My collection isn't anything spectacular but I'm just a for fun player.

Welcome Cory.

Many moons ago, I owned a 1948 L-48 with a pressed solid mahogany top, and solid mahogany sides & a braced solid mahogany flatback - like it had been taken from Gibson's flattop inventory & attached to an L-48 top. Very nice tone, and a rather unique one I wish I'd kept !

At any rate, the L-48 went through many specification changes over the years.

Welcome Cory,

FYI the "rules" for posting a sale are in the trading post

Hers a cut and paste

Ground Rules:

1) Only used equipment personally owned by poster can be sold, you can't sell for a friend, etc. You must own it.

2) This is for individuals selling personal equipment only, not for dealers or manufacturers posting inventory. Brand name does not matter, so you are not restricted to only Gibson family products.

3) As the Seller YOU MUST stand behind the sale to guarantee satisfaction, offer an evaluation period and allow a return to you if the buyer is not satisfied for any reason.

4) Buyer must be registered with our forum. That means no guest access to this forum.

5) We strongly suggest you take PayPal for payments so that the buyer has a means of help if there is an issue you are not resolving as you should in a sale. Buyers, we suggest you insist on PayPal for transactions.

6)You must have 10 valid Gibson forum posts before you will be able to post in the Trading Post forum.

7)DO NOT POST COUNTERFEIT OR "REPLICA" INSTRUMENTS - THE POST WILL BE REMOVED AND TURNED OVER TO OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT

We are allowing this area to open as a service to forum members as individuals dealing with individuals, in the community. Our goals is to insure that the transactions are legitimate and great experiences for both parties. To do this we need to do our best to prevent fraudulent activity and in addition to these simple rules, take steps to protect our community when required. We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, and delete any postings not following the rules. We think the folks at Craigslist have a lot of great things to teach you about getting scammed as a seller and encourage you to read their advice on dealing with buyers.

We are counting on members of this community to help us police the area, just as you always graciously jump to point out fraud and counterfeit instruments posted on the Internet from time to time. So, use this place wisely, be safe and sensible, and have fun buying, selling and trading your gear.

Post some pics please😀

Cory - there is a forum specifically set up for people selling and looking to buy instruments, etc. Go up to the top of your screen and click on the green "Forums" tab. You'll see 30 or so different forums listed in this Gibson website, including this 'acoustic forum'. The third of the four groupings of forums is "Of Things Gear and Guitar". In that group is a "Trading Post" forum. That is where you need to post your offering. Nothing 'wrong' with posting it here. But it will not get you the visibility you need. . Good Luck.

Cory - there is a forum specifically set up for people selling and looking to buy instruments, etc. Go up to the top of your screen and click on the green "Forums" tab. You'll see 30 or so different forums listed in this Gibson website, including this 'acoustic forum'. The third of the four groupings of forums is "Of Things Gear and Guitar". In that group is a "Trading Post" forum. That is where you need to post your offering. Nothing 'wrong' with posting it here. But it will not get you the visibility you need. . Good Luck.

. . . and fairly sure you have to be signed in for Trading Post to magically appear in All Things Guitars & Gear.

Thank you all for the help! Sorry I'm a newb 😩 I've decided to keep the L-48 tho and raise the action a bit and learn some Blues slide stuff. I've mainly played rhythm all my years of playing but want to get into some more complex stuff. I've never used a pick and strictly finger pick which my buddy told me would make me a great candidate for some slide. Watched some Tedeschi Trucks band vids on YouTube and Derek Trucks will sure make ya wanna learn slide!

Archived