Gibson Brands Forums

69 Standard

Stubert

As I am somewhat new to this forum I shall endeavour to "show you mine" ,it is only fair as I have looked at a lot of other members axes whilst lurking here.

This is a 1969 SG Standard that I bought last year, it has all the right bits, the only issue being that someone had fitted a stop tail to it at one time. Not a bad thing I guess, if I ever want to use it in anger I think I would fix a stop tail on my self....sort of best of both worlds.

sg.jpg

Nice family - something for every occasion ! I 'think' you have an ES125 because the 150 has a black and white pickguard' date=' and is slightly wider on the lower bout.

[/quote']

Yes you are right my friend. I checked in my notebook again and it definitely says ES125. I think the 150 had some sort of block fret markers too.

Cheers.

Gentlemen. I have this posted on another thread under Vintage, but wanted to see if you guys can help me in identifying the year. I just acquired this baby from the second owner whom acquired it from original owner 6 years ago. This actual guitar was used in many Hard Rock Cafe photos as I was involved in the shoots. I am at a bit of a loss as to the year, thus my searching for your expertise. I believe it to be 63-69. Any ideas?

Gibsonsg.jpg

Stubert. I called my friend here at Gibson and it is a 1967. Mint Condition. Clearly a jewel of the crown as it seems' date=' especially considering what I paid versus what it is worth.[/quote']

Based on the body outline and bevels I'd have guessed a '67 or '68, so that's cool that they confirmed that. The truss rod cover and tuners (not to mention gold hardware) wouldn't have been a stock option, so we're either looking at a custom-order deal or a magnificent retrofit job. Either way, it's a keeper (even though I'm not a fan of gold hardware)!

H-Bomb

Archived