Gibson Brands Forums

Brian Johnson Back Onstage

Rabs

well, i'm glad he didn't go back to ac/dc. after the way they treated him, i have alot less respect for them.

What are talking about?

He never left the band. And they never kicked him out.

He just stopped touring because of his hearing loss.

He still IS in AC/DC. I just went to their website, and he is indeed still listed as a member with his picture right beside the others.

So how have they treated him? :-k[confused]

well, i'm glad he didn't go back to ac/dc. after the way they treated him, i have alot less respect for them.

Yeah, that was pretty terrible, they treated him like he was their pissboy. The seem to have forgotten that Brian save them after the death of Bon Scott.

"aah aah ah, wait for the shake"

Good for Brian! I always liked his vocals.

Still confused, though. He blew his hearing in a racing car? Some are quiet, and some are so loud you'd be an idiot not to wear earplugs. Or was it cumulative damage from not wearing earplugs for decades?

The whole thing irks me. A bit. I suffer from tinnitus (an accident). Jeff Beck said it best: "if I could sample it for you, you'd still only be hearing it from the outside of your eardrum". Pete Townshend raised the issue way back when.

Was it that no one listened, or they were already deaf?

For all the negative stuff said about the metal community, a lot of people wised up when Lars Ulrich went public with his tinnitus on that H.E.A.R. ad in the late 80s (it's on YouTube). To his credit, he raised tinnitus awareness again on CNN (I think) coupla years back.

Protect your hearing. Tinnitus is not a slight ringing you only hear when you go to sleep, it's more like it's in your soul and your blood. And you have to manage it.

And mine is relatively mild.

Please be careful.

/Rant

What are talking about?

He never left the band. And they never kicked him out.

He just stopped touring because of his hearing loss.

He still IS in AC/DC. I just went to their website, and he is indeed still listed as a member with his picture right beside the others.

So how have they treated him? :-k[confused]

well someone forgot to tell brian he wasn't fired. in an interview of him, i saw it come from his own mouth. when he told angus of his hearing issues, they dropped his stuff in the driveway w/o so much as a phone call. low class, imo when brian really did save their bacon

American cheez: really? That sucks.

Like you say, he saved their collective ***. I'll even go heretic and say they wouldn't have gone as big had Bon lived.

mutt lange was who really got their locomotive going. the difference between high voltage and back in black is huge. acdc really owes much of their success to him.

but certainly brian held up his end. after all these years, i can't think of anyone who would have done a better job of it. certainly deserving of better treatment.

No, Mutt did Highway to Hell.

Jimmy Barnes, Angry Anderson and Steve Marriott (among others I'm sure) would have been fine singer choices post-Bon, but Brian turned out to be a very good choice too. I'd be surprised if Angus didn't treat Brian kindly.

Archived