Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my DF! She's a beaut, but...

kyle

I just got my new Dark Fire today - arrived right on schedule. Looks great, great tone, the MCK seems to be working right, but there is a moderate amount of buzzing on almost all the frets on the 5th and 6th string. If I return it to Gibson for RMA, are they just going to raise the action and make it less playable? The playability is so sweet right now. I don't want to ruin it. Sorry for this basic question. Thanks.

Super! Thanks for the confirmation. And I did get the book by the way. You are right it is a great resource. The only thing that I found it did not cover is the topic of pickups height adjustment & care for them and all other electronic bits. Not sure if the author covers these in another book but all in all it is a great read and guide.

I just got my new Dark Fire today - arrived right on schedule. Looks great' date=' great tone, the MCK seems to be working right, but there is a moderate amount of buzzing on almost all the frets on the 5th and 6th string. If I return it to Gibson for RMA, are they just going to raise the action and make it less playable? The playability is so sweet right now. I don't want to ruin it. Sorry for this basic question. Thanks.[/quote']

It could be the nut. The nut on mine had a problem with the B string in that the string sat too low in comparison to the other ones. It was cut too deeply. There were a couple of other problems (sticky MCK and wicked sharp fret ends) so I got an RMA and sent it back to Nashville a couple of weeks ago.

Archived