Gibson Brands Forums

Tomorrow night I'll use this...

rct

'97 California Fat Telecaster, Vintage White. It's had in it, in no particular order: Joe Bardens, Lindy Fralins, Seymour Duncan Stacks, Customme Shoppe Texas Specials, and some other pair of Fenders I can't remember. Currently another pair of Seymour Duncan stacks, my favorite Tele pickups I think. Grovers, Dunlop Straplocks, Pearl Knobs, ElekktroSokket jack thingy. 4th or 5th volume pot, 4th or 5th switch, could stand a re-fret, two big cracks up in the headstock, some gashes on the back of the neck that have been filled in by Luther, and cymbal bites all over the pointy end. It's had a pretty good life, rode hard and put up wet. It is my #1, when I think of the word "guitar" this is it. It will go in the box with me at the end.

Tele5.jpg

Tele3May2017.jpg

Tele1May2017.jpg

rct

Does it have the requisite R.C.T. neck plate? :unsure:

Oh absolutely. It has the oldest, prolly 25, 26 years old that neckplate. It's also in my oldest SKB, that's prolly 30 years old now. It's shot. I gotta get a worthy case for that thing.

rct

Teles are great workhorses. Way less fragile than a Gibson.

No doubt. I had one fall of the wall the other day - poor anchoring of the wall hanger on my part. Not only did it survive, it was still in tune!

• 3 weeks later...

ah yes. not much to not love there.

What pickups are you using Ron? Noisless? Duncans? put a similar pickgaurd on my 97 Tele Std, natural finish.

I had to replace my Case too.. tweed Musicians Gear case from MF. (60 bucks??). a bit too deep tho, so a folded up towel sits on the bottom to lift the body up so it sits properly on the neck supports.

ah yes. not much to not love there.

What pickups are you using Ron? Noisless? Duncans? put a similar pickgaurd on my 97 Tele Std, natural finish.

I had to replace my Case too.. tweed Musicians Gear case from MF. (60 bucks??). a bit too deep tho, so a folded up towel sits on the bottom to lift the body up so it sits properly on the neck supports.

Duncan Stacks, second time for that Tele, last time. I have one in the Esquire too. I may get something sexy case, the black/gray tweed Fender maybe.

rct

Duncan Stacks, second time for that Tele, last time. I have one in the Esquire too. I may get something sexy case, the black/gray tweed Fender maybe.

rct

ah ok. that's the one you put the stacks in.. cool... and yes, the black / gray cases are nice, me? I opted cheaply! it's good sturdy case but not a perfect fit. meh-- it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived