Gibson Brands Forums

I'm lookin' for a good distortion pedal...

:oilpit:

To push my little 18 watt Marshall a bit harder.

I'd love it to have an EQ, but that's not a requirement, tube powered would be cool.

You get the idea, any recommendations you have would be awesome.

P.S. I haven't been around much lately, I'm NOT gone, for better or for worse your gonna be seein' more of me in the weeks to come.

I like the Chandler Tube Driver. It was built off the Butler pattern, and I believe he sells an updated model directly on eBay now.

However, that is more of an overdrive pedal. I use the Boss MT-2 for distortion... and LOVE it.

Hope this helps!

I love the Analogman King of Tone; I have one that I use as a clean boost with my master volume amp that I play with my band and a second one as a straight ahead dirt pedal with my Fender Champ at home.

The Fulltone OCD sounds good from the sound clips on their web site but I've never tried one.

Another one that someone mentioned here months ago that I haven't let slip my mind is the MI Audio Crunch Box. It sounds very badass in a Marshall kind of way.

I have no experience with tube-driven pedals but I love my Coffin Overdrive/Distortion pedal.

Analog circuitry, true bypass and great tone.

It looks wicked but the gain is very normal, no extreme distortion. I bought mine used from somebody who tought they were getting a metal zone type pedal.

Coffin_Blood_Drive.jpg

Archived