Gibson Brands Forums

And now we lose Gregg Allman

surfpup

Close you eyes.......turn it up .......".Live at the Fillmore East" .....have a nice trip.

I listened and enjoyed it, thanks. A cool long blues jam. I was listening totally straight and sober walking on a track by a creek in the noonday sunshine...I imagine there are other cool ways to listen to it also. [biggrin]

Top Gear the car show Farns? - if so, not really - I've seen bits in passing over the years enough to know who they are and how the show works but not anything to do with music that I've picked up on.

I might try a later album on Pup's suggestion. I like southern rock, and have written songs roughly in that style, but it doesn't seem to have been big down here - I got onto Skynyrd when I was a teen only because an older cousin was a biker and had their stuff, none of my musical friends had heard of them and in all these years I've never heard a live band playing Freebird (though Sweet Home Alabama got popular from a movie). I also tuned in to Blackfoot at one stage by accident and liked it a lot, but to my knowledge have never even heard ABB on the radio.

Good stuff! [thumbup]

I listened and enjoyed it, thanks. A cool long blues jam. I was listening totally straight and sober walking on a track by a creek in the noonday sunshine...I imagine there are other cool ways to listen to it also. [biggrin]

Top Gear the car show Farns? - if so, not really - I've seen bits in passing over the years enough to know who they are and how the show works but not anything to do with music that I've picked up on.

I might try a later album on Pup's suggestion. I like southern rock, and have written songs roughly in that style, but it doesn't seem to have been big down here - I got onto Skynyrd when I was a teen only because an older cousin was a biker and had their stuff, none of my musical friends had heard of them and in all these years I've never heard a live band playing Freebird (though Sweet Home Alabama got popular from a movie). I also tuned in to Blackfoot at one stage by accident and liked it a lot, but to my knowledge have never even heard ABB on the radio.

Good stuff! [thumbup]

Here in America, "Sweet Home Alabama" is mainly associated with KFC commercials :0

Guest Farnsbarns

Good stuff! [thumbup]

The theme tune is called Jessica. They made a nasty electronic version for the later series but here's the original...

http://youtube.com/Watch?v=NRE3Bv1goyI

This past September I was supposed to see him open for ZZTOP. About a week before the concert I recieved an email stating that he has not going to be able to perform due to health issues. Kenny Wayne Sheppard opened instead. He was good. But I would have much rather seen Greg. At the time I remember thinking, "Damn, probably waited too long to see him". And sure enough....I did.

ZZTOP was incredible though. Can't believe how good they sounded.

Archived