Gibson Brands Forums

New Music Day

Californiaman

I went down town Boise to the Record Exchange today.

Managed to get some good music.

Eric Clapton and JJ Cale's, "The Road to Escondido"

Ray Wylie Hubbard's, "The Grifters Hymnal"

Also picked up the sound track to Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (Wife already had Vol. 1 so I though I'd do her a solid).

Last week I picked up Eric Clapton Live in San Diego from 2007 (Special Guest JJ Cale)

Getting ready to take a trip into Cali, so I thought I'd stock up on some fresh ear candy for the road.

Mostly I've been buying alt. country...

Turnpike Troubadours

Reckless Kelly

Cody Jinks

I also just bought an album by a Nashville based friend of mine who plays in a cool side project called The Power Triplets - it's amazing instrumental guitar music. The guy is a genius.

My latest purchases are "Flying Microtonic Banana" - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, ...

[thumbup] [thumbup] I got to see these cats for my birthday back in March. Magical. The microtonal guitars are something else.

We went to the flea market the other day and I picked up a few CDs. Buddy Guy (can't remember the title of the album), Johnny Winter Live, Les Paul and Mary Ford compilation album, Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicles 1 and 2, and a Rod Steward CD for my wife that she didn't have. It was one of the CDs where he sings old Jazz Standards. A few weeks ago we went to a record store and bought some LP's. The Monkees, Billy Joel - 52nd Street, Johnny Cash, Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, and a few others that I can't recall off the top of my head. Before that was the new Anthrax and Iron Maiden CDs. And, new Disturbed album for my oldest son, Five Finger Death Punch for my youngest son. We listen to a wide range of music at our house. I can't remember al the titles of the albums.

I love the Joe's Garage albums by Zappa as well. I bought those on vinyl years ago at a music store where I was giving guitar lessons. Great stuff.

Who doesn't love "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?"

Or "Crew $lut." And "Watermelon in Easter Hay" is one of my all-time favorite instrumentals. Great guitar work.

The last stuff I bought new were all the Steven Wilson Yes remixes on Blue Ray. Close To The Edge, Fragile, Tales, The Yes Album, and Relayer.

How are those? Steven Wilson is brilliant, so I imagine he did a good job. And those are my favorite Yes albums. You have to listen to them on a blu ray player I guess? Probably amazing with a good surround system. [thumbup]

Nice. Weasels is not my anywhere near my favorite FZ album, but it does have Lowell George on it I think My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama is on that and WPLJ and a one or two other good'ons. Joe's Garage is one of my top 10 FZ albums.

The last stuff I bought new were all the Steven Wilson Yes remixes on Blue Ray. Close To The Edge, Fragile, Tales, The Yes Album, and Relayer.

Weasels ripped my flesh is one of my favs..remember having that on 8-track back in the day.......WPLJ is off the Burnt weenie sandwich LP if I recall.

Archived