Gibson Brands Forums

Upcoming Limited Edition J-45 Koa

ezra1

The one I got from Rainbow 2 years ago was different than the two versions available now. I wonder what the next run at ZZSounds will look like. I love the look, but even more. the sound of the Koa. A perfect complement to maple and mahogany.

The one I got from Rainbow 2 years ago was different than the two versions available now. I wonder what the next run at ZZSounds will look like. I love the look, but even more. the sound of the Koa. A perfect complement to maple and mahogany.

So exactly how does koa sound on a short scale slope? I'd like to find something in a J-45 that approximated rosewood sound w/o the 'muddy' quality that I've heard with rosewood 45's. By the way, welcome to being 70!

So exactly how does koa sound on a short scale slope? I'd like to find something in a J-45 that approximated rosewood sound w/o the 'muddy' quality that I've heard with rosewood 45's. By the way, welcome to being 70!

Yeah. 70 is the new 80, I guess. Thanks.

Koa is supposedly a cousin of mahogany. And supposedly sounds like a cross between Rosewood and 'Hog. I find it much closer to rosewood - it is loud and clear with balanced hi's, lo's and mid's.

If my maple SJ200 sounds like a saxophone, and the H'Bird True Vintage like a clarinet- the KOA J45 is like a trumpet.

Yeah. 70 is the new 80, I guess. Thanks.

Koa is supposedly a cousin of mahogany. And supposedly sounds like a cross between Rosewood and 'Hog. I find it much closer to rosewood - it is loud and clear with balanced hi's, lo's and mid's.

If my maple SJ200 sounds like a saxophone, and the H'Bird True Vintage like a clarinet- the KOA J45 is like a trumpet.

👍👍 😊

Archived