Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks and Goodbye...

ilovegibsons

nice guitar but... goodbye?

this is a GIBSON forum. That guitar is a PRS. And no, it's not a waste to have the toggle. New models have the 5 way, but the coil tap works differently. If the guitar is untapped, it switches between the humbuckers. If tapped, the rail is activated and the neck humbucker tapped.

I love my PRS. I just have the SE single cut Whale Blue. I think I paid around $500 and I play it all the time.

Plays great, stays in tune , beautiful finish, and very well made. My only complaint would be the gig bag

that came with it.

But why leave? no gibson no problem

am i the only one who has zero interest in PRS guitars?

I'm with you. They look so uninspiring. The headstock reminds me of a Schecter and the bodys on PRS guitars just aren't sexy like Gibsons. I've never really listened to one through an amp but I've heard them on recordings and I can't stand the tone.

It's so typical for a young kid to really want something and talk about it constantly, but when they finally go to get it the guy in the store convinces him to buy something because he didn't really know what he wanted in the first place. Kids shouldn't be able to buy Gibsons or nice guitars until after they get a car and a license.

Getting a Gibson is like a rite of passage. You've put in years of practice, played a crapload of gigs where you sounded wrong and your guitar went out of tune right before and you didn't notice until your sets almost done. And then you work hard at getting good and justify buying a really expensive guitar. A lot of the guys on here worked hard for years on their musicianship and their savings account so that one day they might hold a beautiful Gibson in their hands and make the music they've been dreaming of. They didn't get handed a bunch of money at 13 so they could blow it on something they didn't need.

Actually, the PRS was probably a good idea. At 13 this kid could give up on guitar in a few years and now there won't be a chance of a sad and lonely LP collecting dust and slowly deteriorating.

I'm with you. They look so uninspiring. The headstock reminds me of a Schecter and the bodys on PRS guitars just aren't sexy like Gibsons. I've never really listened to one through an amp but I've heard them on recordings and I can't stand the tone.

It's so typical for a young kid to really want something and talk about it constantly' date=' but when they finally go to get it the guy in the store convinces him to buy something because he didn't really know what he wanted in the first place. Kids shouldn't be able to buy Gibsons or nice guitars until after they get a car and a license.

Getting a Gibson is like a rite of passage. You've put in years of practice, played a crapload of gigs where you sounded wrong and your guitar went out of tune right before and you didn't notice until your sets almost done. And then you work hard at getting good and justify buying a really expensive guitar. A lot of the guys on here worked hard for years on their musicianship and their savings account so that one day they might hold a beautiful Gibson in their hands and make the music they've been dreaming of. They didn't get handed a bunch of money at 13 so they could blow it on something they didn't need.

Actually, the PRS was probably a good idea. At 13 this kid could give up on guitar in a few years and now there won't be a chance of a sad and lonely LP collecting dust and slowly deteriorating.[/quote']

Yeah, i agree. I guess it really depends on who actually dropped the green for the guitar. I mean, if ilovegibsons mowed lawns all summer (like myself) then i think he should deserve it, but if his parents just bought it for him, then he should go **** himself.

Archived