Gibson Brands Forums

Putting some of my guitars up for sale... (Now with Photos)

daveinspain

After going nuts and buying way to many guitars I'm honing down my needs and preferences. I'm going to sell some of the guitars I bought out of lust and GAS attacks. These are all great guitars that I love but really don't use, so...

Selling: 1971 SG with Maestro Lyre Tremolo, all original super guitar! 2006 Johnny A. with Bigsby, probably the most beautiful guitar I own. 2014 ES 175 Historic 1959 model, amazing guitar, if only I were a jazz guitarist! 2011 Fender Stratocaster crimson red mahogany special Guitar Center exclusive run, stunning guitar, never played. 2007 Brain May Red Special, has the tone plays fantastic, don't use it...

Wanted to post pics of the guitars but Photo Bucket is not letting me copy the IMG code for some reason... I'll try to post them later.

IMG_7767_zpsg00uylkg.jpg

IMG_7770_zpszpega6qh.jpg

IMG_7779_zpsy12fyv6f.jpg

IMG_7776_zpswte5qwal.jpg

IMG_7773_zps3k87hulc.jpg

After going nuts and buying way to many guitars I'm honing down my needs and preferences. I'm going to sell some of the guitars I bought out of lust and GAS attacks. These are all great guitars that I love but really don't use, so...

Selling: 1971 SG with Maestro Lyre Tremolo, all original super guitar! 2006 Johnny A. with Bigsby, probably the most beautiful guitar I own. 2014 ES 175 Historic 1959 model, amazing guitar, if only I were a jazz guitarist! 2011 Fender Stratocaster crimson red mahogany special Guitar Center exclusive run, stunning guitar, never played. 2007 Brain May Red Special, has the tone plays fantastic, don't use it...

Wanted to post pics of the guitars but Photo Bucket is not letting me copy the IMG code for some reason... I'll try to post them later.

there is a trading section for that.

Guest Farnsbarns

Hmm, I might be interested in the 175 and/or the strat. How much are you after? Feel free to PM if preferred.

Good for you, Dave. I don't get why people hang onto guitars they don't use. What about the double neck?

I'm also trying to sell off several but for different reasons. Buying a bike. I do use them, will probably miss them, but whatever.

What about the double neck?

I will never sell the double neck, well maybe if some offers me ridiculius money for it.., [rolleyes]

I hope to use money made from guitar sales to finance my LP... I'd rather have my music out there than guitars collecting dust...

2014 ES 175 Historic 1959 model, amazing guitar, if only I were a jazz guitarist!

Rock on Dave! Our lead player back "in the day" did a lot of rock stuff with his Gibby 175, so don't sell that short as just a "jazz guitar". It's a pretty versatile tool.

I have a few that rarely get played, but it is so hard to give them up.

I'm also trying to sell the ones I'm not playing. The longer they don't get played, it gets a little easier to give 'em up.

But you know what's going to happen, you will sell them, and end up buying something else....

Well yeah. That's the plan! cool.gif

Beautiful guitars! I know how it is... I am trying to sell one of my SGs, as well.

I recently had a chance to play a Brian May model last week. It's a great guitar with all kinds of tonal options—perhaps, too many! But the neck on those things... a dream.

Good luck!

Dave are you really Brian May? Just asking.

The Johnny A is .....man.....I want it.

I am the one and only Dave in Spain... Soon to be Dave in Boston... Going to visiting my family And will be home for the 4th of July! Anyone interested in any of my guitars can save money on shipping... [rolleyes]

Archived