Gibson Brands Forums

Jack Pearson,

Dennis G

Oh Christ yes. Never saw Betts happier than those dozen or so shows with Jack over two years maybe. Ri dicu lus....

I'm not often prone to envy but to have seen Dicky Betts and Jack Pearson playing off one another must have been phenomenal. And humbling, dammit.

Delighted you had - and savoured - the opportunity.

The more often I watch these clips of Jack Pearson the more awestruck (and depressed) I get.

Nah; not really......msp_sneaky.gif......

Pip.

I've been a Jack Pearson fan for quite some time, for a number of reasons:

1 - He really can do it all.

2 - He's humble as can be.

3 - He can make cheap stuff sound good, proving that it's you, not the guitar/amp/etc.

4 - If you noticed, he "hangs" his thumb over the top of the neck quite a bit. I do as well, thanks to some limited rotational ability as a result of a fractured whatever. Long story short, Jack has similar limitations. I must add however, that is where any similarity to the two of us ends LOL.

5 - Did I say he can do it all?

3 - He can make cheap stuff sound good, proving that it's you, not the guitar/amp/etc....

Yup.

Having checked out quite a bit of his stuff there's a clip of him playing a duet with Tommy Emmanuel and Jack's playing pretty much the cheapest Squier Strat available and Guess What?...Do you think 'the Squier' sounds bad or good?

Pip.

I think he was on two tours, and I went as far as Baltimore, so probably a dozen nights I guess. Jack used a Squire strat most of the time. He also had a Suhr a few times. Dickey was using a white and a sunburst Japanese strats that he had gotten hisself all up in love with, so he put bridge cables on them and got them up to half an inch off the 12th, and he put Dimarzios in them. Dimarzios!

So anyway, Betts was very interactive with Jack, far more than with Warren or Derek or anyone else. Jack was just superb. I believe him and Dickey are friends to this day.

rct

...Jack used a Squire strat most of the time. He also had a Suhr a few times. Dickey was using a white and a sunburst Japanese strats that he had gotten hisself all up in love with...

Jack%20and%20Dickey_zpse2xr0see.jpg

For those who live in Nashville you might be interested to know that Mr. Pearson will be playing in The Station Inn tonight at 8:00 p.m.

Pip.

Jack%20and%20Dickey_zpse2xr0see.jpg

For those who live in Nashville you might be interested to know that Mr. Pearson will be playing in The Station Inn tonight at 8:00 p.m.

Pip.

That is a beautiful picture.

rct

Archived