Gibson Brands Forums

What is it worth

bemb

I see this LP Custom Silverburst in excellent condition but I think the price is high, this is a true custom with one pickup, no toggle and a volume and tone control with a 498T pickup, does anyone have an idea what it would sound like and what the price would be? Thanks Mike

I see this LP Custom Silverburst in excellent condition but I think the price is high, this is a true custom with one pickup, no toggle and a volume and tone control with a 498T pickup, does anyone have an idea what it would sound like and what the price would be? Thanks Mike

Mike, what year was it produced?

Any photos?

I myself would pass, since I truly don't care for the silver-burst paint scheme.

I'm pretty open-minded, but the silver-burst just does nothing for me.

:mellow:

Mike, what year was it produced?...

The clue is in the (sub-) title, Sparky!......msp_smile.gif.....

...I think the price is high...

...does anyone have an idea what it would sound like and what the price would be?...

Sound? It will sound like a Les Paul Custom being played through the bridge p'up.

Value? Unfortunately this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions.

Gibson produces these one-p'up LP variants every so often and their original selling price is far higher than makes any sense. They aren't usually of much interest to most players so, as a result, there isn't much in the way of a regular buy/sell history/pattern to go by; it really does come down to how much the individual seller thinks they can get; how keen individual buyers are to acquire one and how much they are prepared to shell out.

Realistically all you can do is check places like eBay for completed sales but even then this would hardly be an iron-clad answer to your question.

Perhaps a 'phone call to the likes of Gruhn's Guitars or Norm's Rare Guitars might offer you a ball-park figure?

Pip.

It is a 2014, by what I see so far it looks like $3000 is too much? Nobody seems to think very highly of the guitar. It just seems like alot but when I look at other cs's diamond on the neck double binding on front, back, neck and headstock, it just seems to me and I have owned quite a few customs with all those features, I dont believe any other way is a true custom. Thanks Mike

Archived