Gibson Brands Forums

Is this authentic?

ZapTap

It's a cheap Chinese guitar...

Not a "Gibson" But a company owned by Gibson .

$99.00

AXE,

Just goes to show one thing. If it is only a gibson by name people will look at it no matter what.

To OP, save up a couple hundred more and atleast get an epiphone Les Paul. They would be much better than this thing I would think.

Yep... epis are better than those things... they are meant for would be students (first guitar, for learning only) and are not loaded with features or built following any quality standard. I think at most they serve the purpose of teaching you the parts of the guitar, the notes in the fretboard and that's it.

Something at that price point is meant for parents who don't want to worry about reselling a real guitar. If the kid doesn't like it they can put it out at a garage sale. Disposable guitars. Chances are, the student will find it so hard to play and get any good sound out of that they won't keep up with it, then it will indeed wind up gathering dust.

Better to spend some dosh on a real guitar, better chances of enjoying it to begin with, and if you switch to piano or violin then you can always sell it and it will retain some value. Epiphones are a good alternative in the starter price range (and Squier by Fender, same deal, import copies sold by the companies who make the real ones).

yeah, I have a SG 61 reissue but the ad caught my eye

I was talkin to friend today, and it's too bad the don't put Gibson on the headstock, or it wouild be well worth it :-k

mostly the point of having a name on the headstock is

a) advertising

B) showing off :P

Hey this may spoil this whole thing.. I saw a messup in an Ad today, Advertising a Purple Robot Gibson Les paul at 3k, I didnt think it was right because one picture showed a lefty LP and the next a righty. And yes it said Gibson ROBOT Les Paul Valued at Over 3k

This isnt about weather its legit or not, Its the fact that I pasted 2 pics from the flashing Ad and one is a Lefty.

wtf.jpg

Archived