Gibson Brands Forums

How to convince your wife you "need" a new guitar......

onewilyfool

IF she is romantic.......tell her you got the guitar so you could compose a love song to her!!!!!

Once a man was told by his wife to stop buying beer because they were short of funds that month. That night his wife came home with 65 bucks worth of MAKEUP!!! The husband couldn't believe it. He complained, "Why do I have to give up my beer, if you are out there buying all that makeup???!!!"

She calmly replied, " That makeup makes me beautiful for you!!"

He whined, "Why do you think I was buying the beer????"

If you could only convince your wife, that owing that new guitar would make here more beautiful in your eyes.......

Don't need to - my wife loves guitars and her favorites are Gibsons. She had actually gigged before we were married. She owned a J-100 when we met but fell head over heels in love with my old battle scarred J-200. When I walked in one day with an SJ under my arm, her only comment was - good, now you have a guitar too. How can ya not love a woman like that.

I just do it. She just shrugs when a new case shows up. She knows it's a self-sustaining hobby if done right and I don't think I can quote a time when "paycheck" money went to guitars... it's always parlaying one for the next. In fact there has been many occasions when groceries were bought with ebay income, so that always helps. I think she gets more upset when I pay big money for a guitar and then don't like it and have to resell it. She sees what I go through shopping online, weighing deals, battling ebay auctions, waiting for UPS to show up, etc., all so I can do it all over again in a couple weeks. She loves me just enough to not want my head to explode.

I'm a bar gigger, and HAVE to buy some guitars, amps, stuff every year for taxes.

But I'm also blessed to have a wife that appreciates quality instruments. We bought our daughter a Les Paul Studio for her 9th Birthday.

The 1933 Gibson Mandolin is actually my wifes!

Murph.

My wife is pretty supportive, within reason. She likes my music. In fact, I played three original songs for her and a couple of our friends after dinner this evening. She commented that she thinks my stuff is as good as anything she hears when we go out, etc. She has said that before. I need to transfer that into confidence when I play live later this year. :-)

The "diamond ring" and the "love song for her" things are pretty, but they are spoken to women's language.

If you have the enough money you don't have to tell her nothing in your defence.

If you are not so rich you just have to tell her in "men's language" that you need a new (or not so new) Gibson - which meens that you have to practice hard on your actual guitar (s) and to be "tenace" as they say in France.

Women respect men that work and that are decided to make theyr own things go.

Buying a new Gibson is a serious business, so I think that you have to be VERY SERIOUS in your intentions before your wife.

And in the end - anyone can do whatever he wants (needs) - just have to handle with the consequences.[-(/

Get you a cheap garage sale guit tar that looks like your main player.

While she's out, El-Kabong it on the kitchen floor.

ElKabong.jpg

When she comes back say, "Look sweety, the thing done wored out. I just HAVE to get a replacement."

Don't need to - my wife loves guitars and her favorites are Gibsons. She had actually gigged before we were married. She owned a J-100 when we met but fell head over heels in love with my old battle scarred J-200. When I walked in one day with an SJ under my arm' date=' her only comment was - good, now you have a guitar too. How can ya not love a woman like that.[/quote']

Best not let that 'un get away... they'd be a re-e-e-al ugly custody battle. +:-@

Roofies (did I spell that right?)+:-@

But more seriously' date=' has anyone else ever uttered the phrase?: "it's not like I'm spending money on drugs, gambling or something like that.."[/quote']

That's not a bad plan. When Jay Leno's wife was asked if she shared Jay's love for all those cars that keep following him home. Her reply went something like this, "I'm just glad the money he spends isn't going up his nose... and... I know where MY husband is on Saturday night; up to his elbows in parts cleaner."

Archived