Gibson Brands Forums

What song do you do that you know you suck at, but do anyway?

Homz

I do so hate to be all cliche, but our guilty pleasure is "Bohemian Rhapsody". I'm listening to the MP3 of it from our Friday the 13th jam right now. The words I could conjure up couldn't come close to how much this sucks. If I distributed this song to you all there would be a new worst cover ever. It's fun to do.

You probably jam on "Vasoline."

or rub on vasoline :-

For us, it's probably "That Smell". It used to sound better when we had two guitarists, but now that it's just me, I usually screw up the solos. I usually get lost and forget how many times the band has cycled through the chord progression.

For the last 25 years, on-and-off, I've been buggering about with the Joe Pass version of Duke Ellington's "Sophisticated Lady".

I'm still pretty rubbish at it but it is, slowly, making me a better guitarist by trying!

Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I can get the rhythm down and the main lead riff... but as for solos, I have been trying to do an improv kind of thing and can NEVER figure out which fret to start at! >=P~ I'll get it, though. I can only start on the wrong note, like... 150 times... and I must be at around 80 by now.

Archived