Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage gibson

Riplee

Hello all.I have a vintage gibson that I have had since 1970. My uncle found it in an apt in norfolk, va and gave it to me. It is stamped inside Place Music Co new providence, rl. I dont play anymore and it is just sitting in a closet and sadly it now has some slight bridge lift. The serial number is extremely hard to read. It looks like 8681 but I cant read the rest. It is ladder braced, has a movable bridge, kluson delux tuners. Pretty cherry sunburst. I have never had it repaired so it is all original. I have read alot of material on line on how to identIfy gibsons but still unsure exactly what it is. LG1? 1966 or 67. If anyone can help i would appreciate it Thanks DianeSadly i can only upload one photo but if there is someone willing to help i will send you more photos.post-85898-093221300 1497985759_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome. I'm not one that can help you although there are very sharp folks here that know the Gibson line extremely well. One thing they will most likely insist is better photos. Of the front and back of the headstock, the entire guitar, inside the sound hole or whatever else they need they will tell you. Another thing you can try is All Things Gear. Good luck.

Archived