Gibson Brands Forums

Worst song you've ever performed

saturn

I didn't want to hi-jack Homz's post, so....

Anyway, the worst song our band ever attempted in a gig situation was It's Times Like These by Foo Fighters.

We had rehearsed it a few times and knew it was a little rough, but thought we could pull it off at the gig. Well, the guy singing it obviously didn't learn the vocal parts correctly and was just staring down at the lyrics on the floor and wasn't even signing the verses over the correct chords! It was horrendous. If I could have dug a hole and gone into it I would have.

I dont remember the song's name right now (not that it would matter, it was a song in spanish, very popular 6 years ago) but I do remember we played it at a gig, we used a MIDI secuence (spelling?) which contained the main brass and key lines and the keyboardist played the arrangements, then there was a back track consisting on a click/metronome and some bass notes, that only the drummer and the and percusionist could listen to through their headphones.

The drummer's headphones stopped working 15 secs after the song started, he drove off everyone on his side of the stage... the percusionist was close to the bassman, so they were on time while the rest of us were playing a completely different part of the song.. no one even noticed until the bridge came... and the singer was caught singing the 2nd verse already!

I think the song was something like "levantando las manos" or something like that.

The ONLY time I ever got Drunk and played live' date=' I played "House is Rockin'" in C while the rest of the band was in B and i didn't notice for about half the song. All I can say is I'm gald we weren't getting paid that night. '](*,)

Lol, maybe you were supposed to....

Me and a friend of mine did Sunshine of Your Love and some idiot he invited to jam with us was playing WAY too loud with WAY too much gain and in like Q or something while we were playing in D. I kept telling him what key we were in and that he was too loud but once everything started sounding normal he'd turn back up and go back to playing in his own little world.....and don't even get me started on his "solo"....it brings a tear to my eye to remember how he raped that song :-

I guess I took this to mean the worst song rather than the poorest performance of a good song. There were a few songs from way back that I still remember as being utterly dreadful but they were requested often enough that they remained on the list. That's one of the problems playing in a oldies-but-goodies band, some of them aren't such goodies. A partial listing of the dreaded songs would be:

Louie Louie

Wooly Bully

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

Inagaddadavida

Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Drop Kick me Jesus through the Goalposts of Life

Knock Three Times

Gah! I can't go on, the bile still rises just on memory alone.

Archived