Gibson Brands Forums

Looky what the wife got for my birthday...

rocketman

Some of you may remember that I always wanted a Tele. Well it finally happened. The wife got me a American Professional Telecaster for my birthday:

20170218_222525_zpssua3qmto.jpg

On top of that she got me a Mesa Boogie Mark V amp:

20170218_222601_zpsbwojbqku.jpg

Happy Birthday to You, Rocketman! [thumbup]

What nice presents - beautiful Tele, great Mark V amp, but although not pictured here, your wife must be topping it all! My heartfelt congratulations to you from here!

That's exactly the Tele I was looking at. Awesome guitar and amp. Happy birthday. I think many of our wives will want to have a discussion with your wife for setting the bar so high! [tongue]

I love it when our significant others understand what it means to be a musician and support us. Of course you know this also means she's set the bar pretty high for HER birthday, right?

Happy Birthday and enjoy both for many, many more!

Take Mrs to dinner at a place that you don't have to yell your order out the car window to the clown.

rct

Thanks all! Her birthday is tomorrow. Today I got her 4 new tires for her X3. What a great hubby, right? [thumbup] She's getting some nice jewelry and a few other things.

Gotta give a plug for the famous HOG in Rochester. As usual they are amazing. If you're ever in the area, this is a must-see for a guitarist or any musician.

I always loved the sound of a Tele. What amazes me is how versatile it really is. The Mark V is exactly what people say about it. It's a tube amp that can "simulate" any kind of amp. Some people don't like them but it gets amazing tones if you're willing to spend time with it (OK, a lot of time!). I still have a lot of learning to do with it, but with three distinct channels, and a number of possible tube combinations, the tones are unlimited. Here are some highlights:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Fully Independent Channels with 9 Modes (Channel 1=Clean, Fat or Tweed™, Channel 2 = Edge, Crunch or Mark I™, Channel 3 = Mark IIC+™, Mark IV™ or Extreme)

Normal/Bold Switch on Channel 1, Normal/Thick Switch on Channel 2 (Mark I mode only), Normal/Bright Switch & Pentode/Triode Switch on Channel 3

Each Channel features: Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Footswitchable or Auto-Assignable Contour Depth Control, Footswitchable All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb Control, Rectifier Tracking™ (Auto-selects Tube for all 10 Watt Modes, Diode for all 90 Watt Modes, selectable Tube or Diode for 45 Watt Modes on Channels 1 and 2, Diode for 45Watt Mode on Channel 3)

5 Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable and Selectable between 1 group of 5-Band Sliders or 3 channel specific, variable depth Contour Controls

Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did get some things for myself too. Bought a Cry Baby and a Ibanez TS808 Original Tube Screamer. Also, decided to get all new cables for all my gear (Mogami all the way).

All and all, all this new stuff should hold me over for a few days...he he he.

Archived