Gibson Brands Forums

The British Invasion

SteveFord

i had a buddy with a 955 s/t. i rode it quie a bit. really nice bike. i am less fond of it's electrical system though.

i got to ride triumph rocket once for about 20 min. i was amazed at how well such a big bike handles. i shouldn't have been, i have ridden a goldwing enough times. hahahaa.

you could pull stumps with that bike. low-end torque like a freight train.

Some nice looking Triumphs there. I had a '65 or '66 Trophy 500 for a couple years. It wasn't stock, but a fun bike to ride - really loud as baffles had been removed from the upswept mufflers. It was also bored out about .040 over so ran a little hot. Carburetors and Lucas electronics a little touchy as I recall. It had a magneto though which was great cause you could still get it started if the battery was dead.

Living in the hilly countryside I am often tempted to get another bike, but luckily that urge passes. I pushed my luck too many times on the two-wheelers so I am done with them at my age.

Joseph Lucas may be gone but the tradition is alive and well in Jolly Olde and in my garage as well as I expose The Green Wire Of Death which activates the alarm system and turns the bike into a paper weight:

alarm2_zpsrbegordi.jpg

A really eye catching Rocket III sidecar outfit was there

rally15_zpsibtzhaij.jpg

and speaking of Cubs, this one was just stunning:

RALLY3_zpsz5nraobe.jpg

Joseph Lucas may be gone but the tradition is alive and well in Jolly Olde and in my garage as well as I expose The Green Wire Of Death which activates the alarm system and turns the bike into a paper weight:

The question often arises why the Brits drink beer that is not very cold. Answer: because their refrigerators have Lucas electronics. [flapper]

Archived