Gibson Brands Forums

Buddy Rich vs Animal Drum Battle

Rabs

Good fun. Astonishing drumming.

Animal is a very underated drummer. Without his chains he might have won....

It would be somewhat fitting to find out that the drumming for Animal was performed by Gene Krupa...

Pip.

Yeah that vid is just amazing.. the display put on is out of this world...

While I do like Dave Grohl and especially his drumming.. This vid is just pale in comparison

Good fun. Astonishing drumming.

It would be somewhat fitting to find out that the drumming for Animal was performed by Gene Krupa...

Pip.

In fact it was Ed Shaughnessy, very fine player indeed, Goodman/Shearing/Basie/etc, also on Johnny Carson's "Tonight" show for years.....was known for his drum competitions with Buddy!

[thumbup]

And this has nothing whatsoever to do with it but it's a good laugh....ELVIIINNN!!!!!

In fact it was Ed Shaughnessy, very fine player indeed, Goodman/Shearing/Basie/etc.....was known for his drum competitions with Buddy!

Thanks for that info and link, jdgm!

msp_thumbup.gif

My first (and subsequently main) reference for Drum Battle is this old vinyl thing (with which I'm sure you are familiar) I discovered in a second-hand shop around 40 years ago...

https://en.wikipedia...The_Drum_Battle

Pip.

...Ed Shaughnessy, very fine player indeed...also on Johnny Carson's "Tonight" show for years...

I know, right? Only the best television band in history ever EVER. Gawd I'm glad I lived through that!

rct

Archived