Gibson Brands Forums

"Heading In The Right Direction"

BluesKing777

Thanks KC and BBG!

Recorded straight from the Boss VE8, oh darling where were you when I needed you? IRig mic thing. Vocal SM58........If I played live, I would just use these and headphones (Boss VE8 has a headphone out), DI them to the big front rig or whatever, as long as they have 2 channels of xlr for stereo! Should sound the same only louder. I was going to try my setup in a friend's PA but he is not speaking to me since I got the Lowden S35.

I love the harmony, why I posted the track. I know there are ethical considerations, but used tastefully, they are very nice. I trained members of at least 3 bands to do simple backup for me, sounded great at the rehearsal studios but live it was a waste of mics and setup time for one band as they went mute - cat got their tongue, my dog would say, and another band it would have been better if they went mute but unfortunately they didn't.

I just unplugged from playing my old LG3 with the iRig, very nice and captures a bit of the 'old'. I would still be playing but kids are tearing around on a motorbike at about 180 mph, really loud! Had their first drink in the school holidays, my guess.

BluesKing777.

Not much interest here, i guess I must be 'heading in the wrong direction' ha ha.

Seriously playing the 1993 Lowden S35 just then, that I played in the above track and it is a serious contender for being my sole, only, single guitar! Just perfect for my style of playing.

So the rest can go........except for a Gibson, ......and a Martin....and a National, oh, oh...and a Dobro...oh, oh and a spare or 2 and ......oh, oh, back where we were [thumbup]

But you know, I was in the garden and there was a blinding light and then..there was the Lowden, just a superb piece of wood!:

ZWeVRxO.jpg

Km9PB0I.jpg

j9C0LGD.jpg

BluesKing777.

Ha I like it.Harmonies included.Some smooth chords there.

Thanks FB!

The jazz guitar lessons slipped out a bit, you think? I didn't know any soul band chords, so used those Stormy Monday ones. Now a friend was in a Commitments cover band and the guitarist knew all the 'correct' soul music chords and I sat there watching a number of times and didn't have a clue what he was doing...need a whole band behind him because they were chord fragments.

On another track, the poor old guy that built my veranda would be slightly annoyed if he saw my guitar photos - like above - I often photgraph the guitars near the vine, but that post behind is one of many, many Oregon posts that were used to put up the veranda (I know, I helped carry them all from the truck to the backyard), but seriously, he sanded and painted them before putting them up to save doing it up in the air, a huge huge job on his own, except that one post I keep photographing is the only one he didn't belt sand!

BluesKing777.

I don't want to start a new thread, but I am having trouble getting the Imgur size right, so same photo x 5 settings, seems like I have to alter the setting every time, what a nuisance, but on the positive side there are absolutely no ads like PB on Imgur, well, so far.... [thumbup] :

Edit - don't get it - all the same....

CVlIEjC.jpg

CVlIEjC.jpg

CVlIEjC.jpg

CVlIEjC.jpg

CVlIEjC.jpg

new settings

CVlIEjC.jpg

again:

CVlIEjC.jpg[/img]

BluesKing777.

Archived