Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheSundog

Plugins

I have an elaborate sound system that I like to take advantage of (I gotta lug it, after all). One thing I've found that helps in certain rooms is a Plug called "Maxbass" from Waves. There are many ways to add bass to your system but this is the most effective and tasteful I've found (assuming your speaker system can handle it).

As I am running a Yamaha Analog console, I have to add Plugins at Deckadance so I only have ONE Plugin slot available PER instance. When I switch to another "deck", I have to load the Plugin as well. Waves has a free Plug that allows you MORE than one Plugin instance and that has helped.

What I need is a way to add "master" Plugins that will appear on ALL outputs (Like Maxbass) and I would like buss Plugins to add Verb or special effects SEPARATELY for each deck.

Plug Ins are incredibly handy. Why carry hardware that you can instead "plugin"?

I have an elaborate sound system that I like to take advantage of (I gotta lug it, after all). One thing I've found that helps in certain rooms is a Plug called "Maxbass" from Waves. There are many ways to add bass to your system but this is the most effective and tasteful I've found (assuming your speaker system can handle it).

As I am running a Yamaha Analog console, I have to add Plugins at Deckadance so I only have ONE Plugin slot available PER instance. When I switch to another "deck", I have to load the Plugin as well. Waves has a free Plug that allows you MORE than one Plugin instance and that has helped.

What I need is a way to add "master" Plugins that will appear on ALL outputs (Like Maxbass) and I would like buss Plugins to add Verb or special effects SEPARATELY for each deck.

Plug Ins are incredibly handy. Why carry hardware that you can instead "plugin"?

my fl studio option posted in your other post should give you some options because Deckadance its self can be used as a VST device.

I have approached several manufacturers of plug ins attempting to drum up some interest in my "Tune the song - not the instrument" idea. Good response from two.

I think a really serious area that musical entertainment will expand into is the meld of live/canned performance. As clubs cease employing bands and sport Karaoke instead, those out of work players still wish to eat. Some find, after years with a band, that they own a significant hunk of the band's sound and lighting systems. What to do? Sell your share? NO! Work to become a Professional DJ, put that sound equipment to work, shine those lights and .... yes, strap on your instrument and play along. I have an absolute ball doing this in my show. The crowd response has been nothing but favorable and by having guest players stop by, the audience get's a live show, a canned show and something quite new. S'Cool.

Inside Ableton Live and FLStudio. Michael did various videos about it in his youtube channel:

Thank you Luis. I'll go watch 'em. I can't truly think of a reason I'd need to do this but you never know. DD as a plug in? Hmmmm

Inside Ableton Live and FLStudio. Michael did various videos about it in his youtube channel:

Thank you Luis. I'll go watch 'em. I can't truly think of a reason I'd need to do this but you never know. DD as a plug in? Hmmmm