Gibson Brands Forums

The 2017 Les Paul range look strange to me.

Adam M

I've been thinking of buying a Les Paul Standard for some time.

But the 2017 range looks odd in the photos. Strange bursts. Perhaps it's just the official images they use.

I know the poker chips are missing but the guitars look different. Also I wish online guitar shops would take more realistic photos of the guitars sometimes. I hate pics of Les Paul's with the black background.

I'll have to go see in person what they really look like.

On the other hand the 2016 range I really liked.

These don't look real.

LPS17B8CH1_FINISHES_FAMILY.jpg

I saw this yesterday I quite like it! When I do buy the Les Paul I want I'll probably end up looking at used as the styles I like are more like the colours that Gibson keep in the custom shop or above range and it's a bit too far out my price range for my liking.

I have my 2016 Les Paul studio T which I love but I want another Les Paul! I'll wait until I find the one I want.

This is mine, picture taken from my cell phone. 2017 Standard Bourbon Burst.

WithoutPickguard_zpsgkxousdm.jpg

The pictures Gibson is using online seem to be "brighter" for lack of a better term.

Thanks! yeah you are right it's like the professional photos have had their colours adjusted.

I'll have to get down to a guitar shop and have a look around.

Bright white background, and studio lighting! That's the main difference, in presentation.

The tops, are quite figured, for sure, but I'm not sure they're any more so, than past years?

Obviously, Gibson will show them to their best advantage. Plus, putting several together in

the same shot, with that much figuration, can make it seem over the top, even "gaudy" to some.

I was amused, several years ago, when Gibson's web page, which then included their Epiphone

versions, would show the Gibson models, with that lovely lighting and really "popped" color,

and the Epiphones would be shown in a more diminished presentation, lighting wise, and color.

When, if you see them in the shops, the Epi's are every bit as bright colored, if not more so.

So, "Truth in Advertising," leaves a LOT to be desired, at times. [tongue][biggrin]

CB

Man, I wish they'd offer the LP Classic with P-90's, again! I missed that option, a few years ago,

and would really like Gibson to re-introduce them, again. Even with the Vibromate B-7 option,

as well. Gold Top, and/or Black, for me, but any color beyond those, would be Cool! [thumbup]

CB

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I wish they'd offer the LP Classic with P-90's, again! I missed that option, a few years ago,

and would really like Gibson to re-introduce them, again. Even with the Vibromate B-7 option,

as well. Gold Top, and/or Black, for me, but any color beyond those, would be Cool! [thumbup]

CB

There's limited-run Classic that's at GuitarGuitar in the UK with mini-humbuckers and a Bigsby at the moment; it's so tempting...

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170125306707008

Archived