Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheSundog

Cool Sound Effex

A feature I find that is very popular with crowds is sound effects. Somebody giving you a hard time in the crowd? A quick "F you AHole" from Arnoldt works well! You see a guy really getting "friendly" with a girl, point them out to the crowd and trigger some Star Trek, "Captain, we're being probed"! I have been using an Akai MX8 USB powered sample player (~ $100 + SDRAM). 8 keys to trigger a sample and, of course, you can select different "sets" of samples. I also have software running on my lighting computer called "Soundplant" that does a similar job to the MX8 (and I can trigger samples remotely with WIFI). Each key on your computer is assigned a sample and it works in the background so that in my case, I can go dim some lamps, reset a scene and still be immediately able to hit a key and Sam Kinnison comes belting out. VERY neat.

Do YOU use sound effects? HOW??

Just a few ones, but only in special events. In example: drum roll, thunder, applause, whoosh, ...etc. The best advice is not to abuse of FX effects or cool sound samples.

Just a few ones, but only in special events. In example: drum roll, thunder, applause, whoosh, ...etc. The best advice is not to abuse of FX effects or cool sound samples.

I agree completely. An "effect" is just that but if it's overused, it's drivel. I use mine sparingly for sure. Applause is good! Bring your own!

Sign in to follow this