Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
charlie brown

Hey Epiphone...how about a couple (or ONE, at least) Masterbilt 12-string Acoustics??

We need a Masterbilt 12-string...maybe even a couple (Concert 000 or OM style, and Dreadnought)?

Haven't seen even a glimmer (so far) of one, and the Masterbilt's have been around for awhile, now!

What's up, with that??! [unsure][crying]

CB

Although not classed as a Masterbilt this came out in 2009 and was all solid wood and MIC:

http://www.epiphone.com/News-Features/News/2009/Epiphone-Announces-Limited-Edition-Roy-Orbison-Sig.aspx

Bob

That was very limited production, and hasn't been available (save for "used") in years!

Masterbilt needs to have at least ONE 12-string in it's Current Line...don't you think???! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Not sure how well a Epi Masterbilt 12 string would sell. Twelve string players are pretty divided into the Guild/Taylor camps at this point. Doesn't mean they can't try and it would be interesting.

Not sure how well a Epi Masterbilt 12 string would sell. Twelve string players are pretty divided into the Guild/Taylor camps at this point...

I'd tend to agree. Unless you're Leo Kottke or Roger McQuinn, a 12 string (either elec or acoustic, and I own both) is going to get less time than it's 6 string counterpart, no? That said, I have a Gretsch elec 12 string and an Epi DR212 acoustic 12 string. Both get limited use, but serve their purpose. I also have a Masterbilt AJ500M. Would I pay the difference in what a M'bilt vs DR212 would cost, given the expected usage. Probably not. But that's just me and as always, YMMV. [laugh]