Gibson Brands Forums

Show Me Your Telecasters!

RevDavidLee

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an almost identical little chip in the same part of the headstock. We probably both whacked a cymbal or somethin after a couple beers

Oh yeah, that 'stock is beat. That's what it's for, right?

rct

, and covered the ugly-looking "zebra" pickup with a chrome cover.

NICE..........I'd do the exact same thing.........I think they could have pulled off an open pickup with matching bobbins, but the zebra looks like it was an afterthought. I'd do what you did and do a chrome cover.

NHTom

That is Yummy, Dub. And everybody! A house is not a home without a Tele. Or 4.

rct

Thanks man. I love this guitar. It's not the best looking thing ever, honestly kinda fights me a little bit in the "feel" department compared to the SG, but it sounds so good, and it can take a beating without showing a scratch

Love pearl guards !!!...

You are clearly not the only one, Tom; Nine of the Tele/Esquires posted so far have pearl 'guards!

I wonder what it is about the Tele style which draws folks towards putting one on? Mine is a BlackGuard so it wouldn't work for me but it certainly works well for those guitars posted.

I know we do see some pearl 'guards on Strats (and suchlike) but not (I believe) to the same extent as seen here......eusa_think.gif......

Mine is a BlackGuard so it wouldn't work for me but it certainly works well for those guitars posted.

Nice instruments, everybody!!!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I love Teles - one day when I grow up I might trade my old guitars in on a Tele and just have that and my Aria.

Best one I ever played was a 1959 Custom Sunburst - just superb and with a price tag to match.The one I should have bought was a butterscotch blackguard heavy relic early custom shop (with the stamp) by John Cruz - light as a feather. Basswood? chambered? ...amazing and at a great price. I'm an idiot...

I also love them in matt black with a black guard.

These are all great - I must admit really like the look of NH Tom's red one - an ESP? [thumbup]

You are clearly not the only one, Tom; Nine of the Tele/Esquires posted so far have pearl 'guards!

I wonder what it is about the Tele style which draws folks towards putting one on? Mine is a BlackGuard so it wouldn't work for me but it certainly works well for those guitars posted.

I know we do see some pearl 'guards on Strats (and suchlike) but not (I believe) to the same extent as seen here......eusa_think.gif......

Mine is a BlackGuard so it wouldn't work for me but it certainly works well for those guitars posted.

Nice instruments, everybody!!!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Funny, both my strats have pearl, but I have not changed any of my tele's yet.........hmmmmmmmm

These are all great - I must admit really like the look of NH Tom's red one - an ESP? [thumbup]

YES, it is an ESP Ronnie Wood signature model. Built like a tank.......HEAVY, FAT necked beast. I honestly was not looking for an ESP, but saw it at my local shop, LOVED the look of it, and then when I picked it up, it played great and feels really well built. At that point, I had to have it.

NHTom

I must be getting dementia or something [confused] I was just looking at my group Tele photo and I thought "where is my 72 Thinline"? Doh! I ran into the studio a few minutes ago and there it was right where I left it behind a stack of Fender tweed amps [blush] Here she is - Number 8

20140109_1583276258389160_1008908202036474739_n.jpg?oh=7fffa699f500e8b5c203b93c7e294621&oe=5A0DEC27

Good Lord 8-[

Archived