Gibson Brands Forums

String Tension Kit - No drilling the body of your gibson when installing a Bigsby

cjtowner

String Tension Kit - No drilling the body of your gibson when installing a Bigsby

View site >>> http://abigproduction.us/_bckup/tsite/index.html

Currently shopping around for a manufacturer. I am anxious to find out what anyone would have to say about this kit. It should be inexpensive and is very easy to install. Email any comments or questions you have, they will be appreciated.

**These images only have the prototype. The kit will look better than it does here.

I have invented a kit that alleviates the hollowbody Gibson guitarist from drilling holes in the body of the guitar when installing a Bigsby vibrato.

The String Tension Kit is mounted in place of of the stop tailpiece with the existing bolt holes. Rested over the strings, and applying the necessary down tension needed per the height adjustment of the bolts.

The String Tension Kit can be adjusted to whatever height you want and or need to accommodate the action of your strings & bridge height. It can be canted, per the adjustment of the bolts, so there is an even amount of tension over the strings.

-Thank You

Christian

SG Time,

if it comes up i will provide pads but i haven't found a reason to screw the bolts all the way down.

Homz,

There is no locking nut. I am making my own bolts. The Cuffs slide over the bolts and the bar mounts to the inside of each cuff and rests between them. There is no locking nut and the roller bridge is separate.

SG Time' date='

if it comes up i will provide pads but i haven't found a reason to screw the bolts all the way down.

Homz,

There is no locking nut. I am making my own bolts. The Cuffs slide over the bolts and the bar mounts to the inside of each cuff and rests between them. There is no locking nut and the roller bridge is separate.[/quote']

I trust you were wise enough to patent this product.

I also assume you have some sales people out with demo's?

If you are interested I could cover some territory in the Mid West.

As for manufacturing. Try some small local machine shops. They need the work and you will have a much greater grasp on quality control.

Archived