Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saturn

Chester Bennington gone!

Another damn suicide! [crying]

I know Linkin Park won't be the most popular group on the Gibson guitar site. But I liked just about anything I've ever heard from them. They certainly had their own sound. I remember when one of my kids got their first CD. I liked some songs but said they would probably be a flash-in-the-pan. I guess I was wrong there. They stuck around almost 20 years.

I didn't know much about them personally. But now I read that Chester had addiction issues. Sad that another artists that seems to have so much going for them just can't cope with life. :-({|=

RIP

From what I understand, he and Chris Cornell were friends and yesterday was Chris Cornell's birthday. I don't know if it's relevant or not. I wouldn't say I was a big fan of theirs, mostly due to the rap parts but I didn't dislike them. It's a shame when people get that messed up that they feel that's their only option.

I wasn't the biggest fan of theirs when they first made it but "Crawling" has got to be one of my favorite songs.

I went ahead and bought their first CD and it sure brings back memories for me. RIP Chester. I feel so bad for his kids... [crying]

His wife made some interesting tweets before deleting them

Apparently her account was hacked. Seems unlikely that she would publicly say those things at this time anyway