Gibson Brands Forums

For the Cat Stevens fans

JuanCarlosVejar

Check out the single from his new album The Laughing Apple:

If you ask me this song is up there with his old classics.

So glad he returned to music and is putting out music.

This confused world needs tunes like this to remind us about the great things in life such as love.

The video has J 200 content and I believe Yusuf/Cat did the album/single and video art just like the old days:

JC

Glad you posted this hippie tune - like it, , , and the flavors it presents.

But up there with the grand, , , nix.

Needs the last 15 percent - the ones that made his best stuff transcend.

Hep for the album title also

Love Love LOVE Cat Stevens. I learned to play the guitar at 14 playing Cat and Gordon Lightfoot.

This is an excellent tune. I haven't really liked much of his Yusuf Islam material, but this, as you say JCV, is very much like the Cat of Tillerman and Firecat.

I really appreciated Yusef's artwork in the video and especially his visual nods to Peace Train and The Boy With The Moon And Stars On His Head.

Thanks for posting.

PS: Just a few days ago, I posted my cover of "Moonshadow" here.

From his Yusuf career, I think An Other Cup was simply sublime and can easily vie with his best hit albums. Most of his material from the sixties was overarranged to say the least, so I'm excited to see how the reinterpretations of some old classics on The Laughing Apple, apart from the new stuff, turned out.

Love this, JCV. Great song with the humorous edge that twinkles in some of his most endearing work. Loved the flying SJ200s at 1:40 and LOVE that kiss-off lyric right at the end, when he mentions God and it looks like it all might get theological and existential, but he goes for that killer twist... "see what God did to me/he made me see life...flowery!"

You can almost hear the twinkle in his eye.

I'm so glad he's making music again/still. He didn't have to suffer a cack '80s like many of his contemporaries, and he's come back as older and wiser with plenty of dignity and great new records. I particularly loved Roadsinger, that album really resonated with me at the time it came out.

I always liked even loved a whole bunch of Steven's tunes. Actually trying to learn the rather difficult Very Young as I speak.

That said, one should avoid taking a closer look at this artist. He wears a tragic cape and is almost up there beside Barrett, Green and Drake.

Won't go further here, but I think the man must be caught between H & H - blessed by some spirit and constantly roasting over slow fire.

Glad he sings again - bought the Another Cup album when it came out. A pretty good record for sure.

If you don't see what is meant, please lend your ears, JCV - this one is from Buddha and the Chocolate Box

1974 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6B9HttRI8

, , , you probably know

I do know.

Here he is doing it on an L 00:

I love how many of his songs took on deeper meanings all these years later.

JC

I always liked even loved a whole bunch of Steven's tunes. Actually trying to learn the rather difficult Very Young as I speak.

That said, one should avoid taking a closer look at this artist. He wears a tragic cape and is almost up there beside Barrett, Green and Drake.

Won't go further here, but I think the man must be caught between H & H - blessed by some spirit and constantly roasting over slow fire.

Glad he sings again - bought the Another Cup album when it came out. A pretty good record for sure.

I got a tab on it on the site: Oh Very Young (1974).

I got a tab on it on the site: Oh Very Young (1974).

Thank you for this - needed some guidelines through that diffuse instrumental.

Think I'll simplify it a bit. Doesn't mean that much for a solo acoustic, , , but the angel-choir and end signature ending is vital.

Damn hard song to get goin', isn't it. .

Archived