Gibson Brands Forums

Virtuoso Cleaner&Polish

norcalpiper

Hi all,

So Zzounds was having a sale on their last Honeyburst 2016 60s Tribute LP with P90s and I snatched it up, I had actually plaide this model a couple of times and liked it, so I was excited to get it. I didnt have a prep and polish for satin finish and saw a vid on Virtuoso polish.

Both came today and I immediately stripped her down and did the prep application (which produced an incredible shine itself) and then the polish. I did the headstock also. All I can say is damn....that guitar looks so good now it's like night and day. It's not a high gloss shenn, but it's definitely glossed(grains are now popping out also).

Soooooo - If you wanna kick your satin finish up a bit, go with virtuoso. I believe the prep has a minute abrasive.fyi

Thank you....but as you can see, it really does the job!!

Don't I know it... I found my own before and after pics from about 8 years ago... The cleaner really brought out the grain in mine...

qwPrcMgl.jpg

t3T2n41l.jpg

Mmmmmm.....seems like what we established is that can save a couple thousand dollars, buy a Tribute and go over it with Virtuoso and you end up with a great looking guitar. Of course you're not 100% sure what it's going to look like until your done but probably worth it.

Two very nice results here anyway. [thumbup]

Archived