Gibson Brands Forums

So Happy with my Gibsons

bassetman

roughly two years ago i received my Koa J45. followed a year later by the J35 and the Lg2. these replaced a long string of ok but not great guitars from many makers. I do not think i could have made better choices. all required minor setup tweaks along the way. The J45 was sweet and gorgeous out of the box, even more so with a new nut and saddle from Mr. Colosi. this guitar can sing or sob with equal grace and has been in every way a joyful addition to the world. It rings to the high notes and can thunder if asked, but is not as happy being played hard. for evening picking or smaller rooms it cannot be beaten. my daughter named it "The Pretty One". the J35 is polar opposite. it had a mile high action out of the box and took about a month to make friends with. i removed the pickup and this made the action perfect after an 1/8 loosening of the trussrod. this guitar projects extremely well in any room. the harder you play the happier it is. the J35 has a slightly huskier voice than the 45 and has changed little in its first year. it is the most sensitive to weather changes but is still the go to for anything outside as it carries so well. for the nit pickers it has a couple glue drops visible in a couple spots that do not bother me in the slightest bit. a real smile bringer at any time it already has the most scrtched pickgaurd. it required the first three frets to be replaced with thinner tangs to get the neck truly flat and cure a second fret buzz at times, well worth the small efforts..The Lg2 fits well in between these two guitars. perfect for playing in a chair or taking out fishing. it is loud but not brash or twangy. it plays everything its asked to with equal joy. other than a minor rod adjust it has needed nothing to feel wonderful. it loves Country and Rock and sounds great through the amp. in fact if im plugging in it is my first choice. it is flawless. i can find no imperfection in the build at all. these three instruments defiantly put an end to anyone who says a guitar is a guitar and they are all the same....my EX said that a lot.....I still have the guitars. i have no music stores in hundreds of miles. all were purchased on line sight unseen. i could not be happier. all were well worth the cost and have vastly improved my playing...each gets an hour a day minimum. each month they just feel better, and to me at least sound better. Thank You Gibson for these very fine guitars.

Thank You Gibson for these very fine guitars.

Amen. Such a source of joy and contentment in our lives, yes?

I have a neighbor that is a fairly skilled beginner with a Taylor 110. He was over last night for an hour or so of song swapping and he was just amazed at the sound of the new J-45 12 fret. We talked a bit about how there are so many good guitars out there these days.......Martin, Taylor, Guild, Gibson, etc.......and it's a players' ear and sense of aesthetics that often moves him/her to prefer one or the other as they progress........it's part of the learning curve of guitar playing. Sure enough there are those that enjoy more than one makers' instruments but for those of us that love Gibson, nothing else will do..........my recent experience attests to that!

So three cheers for Gibson acoustic guitars and we here on the forum that love to make music with them!! =D>=D>=D>

so many good guitars out there these days.......Martin, Taylor, Guild, Gibson, etc.......and it's a players' ear and sense of aesthetics that often moves him/her to prefer one or the other as they progress........it's part of the learning curve of guitar playing. Sure enough there are those that enjoy more than one makers' instruments but for those of us that love Gibson, nothing else will do..........my recent experience attests to that!

So three cheers for Gibson acoustic guitars and we here on the forum that love to make music with them!! =D>=D>=D>

so true..

I've had gibson electrics for many years, and while I've always had an eye on an SJ200, it wasn't until last March that I was able to purchase one.

It's an amazing instrument, as good as my Taylors are, (down to one now), the J200 just has "something" my others don't. There's a richness to the body of the sound that gets right into your bones when you're playing. My Taylor GS is a very resonant guitar. Hog/Spruce, and it plays like butter, but once I had the J setup right IT plays like butter too. There's just a depth to the sound that my other acoustics don't have.

(other than the J200 and the GS, I have a 78 Alvarez DY74 Yari.. (a dead ringer for a D28) the old girl is great, had some restoration work done, but it can't hold a candle to the SJ200. I also have a classical (Manuel Rodriquez) but a horse of a different color..

I was a believer the day I became the owner of that J200. I still play my others, but the J200 is my "home base" now. If anything happened to it, I'd probably just end it all....

Amen to that! I've been a Gibson disciple for 19yrs, since I bought my old Les Paul Standard back in the late '90s. That was a great guitar, and the gateway drug to my enduring obsession with Gibson acoustics. We are lucky people to play such beautiful instruments!

Bozeman is turning out some MAGNIFICENT Gibson Acoustics these days. My luthier who is exceptionally skilled, used to work for Taylor, and whom I visited yesterday to install and tweak a new saddle for my 2016 Gibson J-45, tells me that I have One Helluva Fine Guitar.

He said..."You Know I love Taylors.....but they just don't have the sound quality of a fine Gibson Acoustic".

I think that's saying something. I LOVE my Gibson J-45!!!

That's a fine testimonial! My Gibsons make me happy, too☺

By the way, how are those hounds doing these days? Good guitars, good dogs, and good horses👍

stilltrying to figure out the post photobucket world or id post pics. the basset is fine and prefers the j35. the olde english bulldogge is no 75 pounds and is a j45 fan. ;

Archived