Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman AuraSpectrum DI Acoustic Imaging Pedal

RainboGuy

I'm just curious as to whether any of you have used or are using this pedal, and if so, what your opinion of it is. Part of the reason I ask is that I bought a Fender Acoustic Pro Amp for my 2016 Gibson J-45 Standard, and although it is a great amp, I am still having a few little problems dialing in "that Perfect tone" and also still having some feedback issues.

The description of this pedal and the reviews on it intrigue me and I'm wondering if i go guitar>pedal>amp if I can expect better overall control and better tone.

I use the Aura 16 pedal, which is the same tech but more stripped down than the Spectrum. I love it, it adds a subtle but tangible "acousticness" to my guitar sound and warms things up without making them muddy or excessively midrangey.

It's a subtle effect but it's subtlety is what makes it so good-it doesn't sound synthetic, fake or cheap, it just adds some magic to your signal.

I mainly use Fishman Matrix Infinity pickups in my Gibsons, but I've had nice results with the Shadow Nanoflex in my Epi Texan and the Baggs Element in my Dove through the Aura too.

It's a staple part of my live rig now, and something I highly recommend trying out!

Perfect, the ultimate de-quacker, I think but not to repeat myself, I have talked plenty here before...

Only problem I see is it has been around a long while (for an electronic box) and something new just must be able to hit the shelves...

BluesKing777.

I have a Baggs Element VTC in my J-45, For what it's worth, it's a good pickup system.......

Maybe I just should run around to some local guitar stores and try plugging into one of the Fishman Pedals to see if my ear can discern the difference....

I have a Baggs Element VTC in my J-45, For what it's worth, it's a good pickup system.......

Maybe I just should run around to some local guitar stores and try plugging into one of the Fishman Pedals to see if my ear can discern the difference....

I think you would enjoy it and appreciate the difference. The Baggs pickups are good but to my ears have an unusually hyped bottom end at around 80hz...the Aura system would tame that a little and make it more natural sounding for sure.

Two other good options are the TC Electronic Bodyrez and the XVive "Mike" spectral reassignment pedal. Both are along similar lines to the Aura but are less fully featured and cheaper. The Mike pedal in particular sounds excellent to my ears and is tiny!

Even better than the pedal is the Martin D18E Retro I have ! It has the Aura pedal included inside! But with special sound images recorded to suit just this guitar. Plug and play to the max! [biggrin]

And the guitar on its own sounds fantastic acoustically - here is track I did recently, no Aura, just the D18:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/bluesish7b

Sales video:

BluesKing777.

Like Jinder, I use it with the matrix infinity pickup and have been using it now for 6 years. It is superb, takes the quack away and rounds off the tone, making either strumming or single note picking sound full, rich and acoustic.

Im also curious what they will come up with next, but this has been a real workhorse for me and like the Play Acoustic or Boss VE-8 for vocal enhancement it makes an average white boy like me punch above his weight.

Archived