Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Triumph

Airedale1

I thought you might like to see a picture of my brother-in-law's 1937 Epiphone Triumph. It's not everyday that you see an 80 year old guitar. It's not a closet queen either, she get's played regularl.

Nice. It's a lot like my dad's old '39 Zenith, the poor cousin of that flashy Triumph. msp_smile.gif

Likewise, it is a lot like my 1936 Epiphone Zenith and, my 2016 Epiphone Olympic...both which are great archtop Epiphones as is the mentioned Triumph. Epiphone has a great archtop history and its great to see them recently acknowledging that with their recent Masterbilt series of archtops (Olympic, Zenith, and Deluxe) that honor those 30's archtops.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I see 80+ year old guitars pretty frequently and do own a few including a 1935 Gibson-made Capital archtop and 1933 Oahu "Nick Lucas." But no doubt about it that Triumph is a great guitar.

I have a soft spot for Triumphs particularly the later Regents. I feel Triumphs remain one of the best bang for your bucks vintage archtops out there. The last guitar I brought back from the dead was a 1953 Triumph Regent - a harder to find blondie. I recently let it go though to gather some scratch to snag a 1957 Gibson CF-100E.

Archived