Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson introduces Guitar w/Built in Overdrive

RevDavidLee

And John Wayne on Trigger (I think it was) winning the Derby back in '59. We know lots about your State!

We've even seen it on the Big Screen! H.R.H Sean Connery (the First) partook of a State Visit whilst filming 'Goldfinger'.

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And John Wayne on Trigger (I think it was) winning the Derby back in '59. We know lots about your State!

We've even seen it on the Big Screen! H.R.H Sean Connery (the First) partook of a State Visit whilst filming 'Goldfinger'.

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Um that would be Roy Rogers horse's name - Trigger.

John Wayne had a horse in several movies that he called "Dollar". :)

John Wayne had a horse in several movies that he called "Dollar". :)

Dollar is a small town in Clackmannanshire,Scotland. It is one of the Hillfoots Villages, situated between the Ochil Hills range to the north and the River Devon to the south.

Dollar is on the A91 road, which runs from Stirling to St Andrews.

[laugh]

John Wayne had a horse in several movies that he called "Dollar"...

Dollar is a small town in Clackmannanshire...on the A91 road, which runs from Stirling to St Andrews.
"They may take our small-town names, but they'll never take our advice on Fashionable Attire!"

Pip.

Um that would be Roy Rogers horse's name - Trigger...

msp_scared.gif

Next you'll be telling me John Wayne didn't win the Kentucky Derby in '59!!!

msp_laugh.gif

Dollar is a small town in Clackmannanshire, Scotland...

Oddly enough Dollar is located just 12 miles as the crow flies (but considerably more as the bicycle wheel runs) from my hometown, Falkirk. I know the place well. My parents had family there and some of my friends went to Dollar Academy (a fairly posh public school).

As a child I must have played in the park situated there at the foot of the Ochils a hundred times or more. Later on, after I joined the Cyclist's Touring Club, we rode through Dollar - along the hillfoots road - pretty much every second weekend. It's wonderful cycling terrain; twisty without being tortuous, undulating without being exhaustive and the scenery is very easy on the eye. Plenty of clear-running streams to allow us our 'Drum-Up' (tea-break using said freshly 'dipped' water) and so on. It's a very nice part of the world.

The walk up - and views from - Dollar Glen are pretty fabulous, too.

And I didn't even pass comment on Castle Campbell............msp_lol.gif............

Pip.

No. Not quite all of it.

Absolutely. Trust the Bloody English.

Erm...no. It's probably Roman. A pretty basic version of tartan dates at least as far back as the Roman occupation of This Sceptred Isle. Several fragments of such a woven, patterned fabric exist in the museum which serves the former Roman garrison's barracks at Segedunum at the eastern extremity of Hadrian's Wall.

Erm, no. We can take the credit for that man-skirt ourselves thank you very much. Always in the avant-garde where cross-dressing is concerned.

It's 'Graham-Bell' and I'm sure you'll be hearing from Lexy's lawyers in due course. By telephone, I expect.

But we have a Loch Ness Monster and you don't. Eat My Shorts.

You certainly picked the wrong Bloody Windbag to heckle...

Pip.

Technology, clothing, vicious wild animals.. The clear winner is 'MERICA [flapper]

Guest Farnsbarns

but Mercia hasn't been a kingdom since the year 918

That'll just confuse them. Time hadn't even started then and you mentioned a place outside the USA which isn't a capital city.

Archived