Gibson Brands Forums

A Tribute To "Free Form" Radio.....

Murph

I came of age in a large radio market (Phoenix) and we had a legendary Free Form radio station that would play anything. It sold after I got out of High School, but there are still stories on the internet about it. Most of the people listed are dead.

"How does that make you feel, Murph? "

Sigh.....

Damn good Murph. Nice guitar slide and the song ended perfectly with those sirens in the background.

The sirens kind of surprised me. That's my hunting cabin in the middle of my 30 acres.

They were about 2 miles away !

So much for the "rosewood mud" talk, that's a great sounding front poach recording. Nice slide playing, too (esp. @ t = :57 s).

Because it's in the woods at my hunting cabin, there is no electricity, so it's just the iPad with the Apogee mic and no amps or p.a.

Yea, those Rosewood guitars sure are muddy.........

Well you can't swing a dead cat around this forum without hitting some fine picking and playing. Enjoyed that.

And the look on your face when you hear the sirens? Got the impression you did not expect to get busted that soon or that far out. What the hell did you do?! (I'm with FB--maybe it was for going sleeveless all over a J45 on a thousand-degree-in-the-shade summer Texas day...)

😉

Archived