Gibson Brands Forums

All These Years

rbpicker

Well, for better or worse I've posted the entire song I used for my recent trial demo. It contains a few warts, but what the heck, so do I. This is a bit of a sad song, and not my favorite topic, but I love the melody so much that I thought I'd give it a go. I used my J45 standard and plugged it, and the vocal mic, into a Mini Loudbox with the iPhone positioned about 18" from the amp. A bit of reverb was used.

All that said, I have no idea how it really sounds to the new listener, so please feel free to offer suggestions on how to improve the sound, the presentation, etc. I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about the looks of the guy singing 😏.

Thanks so much for giving this a listen.

Roger

Wow, thanks so much for the encouragement, folks. You never know how these things are going to go.

Duluthdan, I apologize for blocking the left hand. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it...nervous, you know. I'll move things a bit to do a full reveal next time (fretting hand, that is). I know that I like to see what chords folks use when I watch a video. These are pretty simple which is why I do the song.😉

Roger

Thank you flatbaroque, I appreciate your supportive comment. And Sal, your assessment is very kind of you to express. I wish I was as prolific as you are with your cool postings of songs here on the forum. I always look forward to a Sal posting.

Roger

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. I was hoping at my age, I'd not get so nervous and insecure about these kinds of things... wrong. Your comments are appreciated.

Yes Buc, I installed the keystones as replacement for the heavy original tuners.. Later I read a comment somewhere that keystones are not appropriate for a J45. Well, historically I guess not, but I still like them.

Roger

PS... thanks again Buc for the Vimeo suggestion. Looks like there is a two song limit per week. Is this what you have found to be the case ( at least on the "free" user level).

Archived