Gibson Brands Forums

Give me some guitar names

Tim Plains

How about the 50th anniversary Les Paul and then on a real stetch you could call the other one the Tele . I know it's not terribly original but hey it works even when your collection grows. Keeping the same naming profile even worked on the recording model I just got as long as you don't duplicate the year, model and color your all right without using something as crude as just numbering them. :^o

How about the 50th anniversary Les Paul and then on a real stetch you could call the other one the Tele . I know it's not terribly original but hey it works even when your collection grows. Keeping the same naming profile even worked on the recording model I just got as long as you don't duplicate the year' date=' model and color your all right without using something as crude as just numbering them. :-k [/quote']

Good Idea.

Are Nine, saw the pics of your Tele. Nice guitar, by the way. I like the Highway One series, if that's what it is. It reminds me of the label on the Kahlua Liqueur bottles. Maybe Kahlua could work.

As for the other, I haven't seen it, so by looks I don't have an idea. I always liked the lyrics from Steely Dan that goes like this:

When Josie comes home

So good

She's the pride of the neighborhood

She's the raw flame

The live wire

She prays like a Roman

With her eyes on fire

When Josie comes home

So bad

She's the best friend we ever had

She's the raw flame

The live wire

She prays like a Roman

With her eyes on fire

Maybe Josie?

Some good/interesting suggestions. Heck, I even got BIGBENDS to sing me a song...

I've actually put that Highway One up for sale already because I got a '52VR.

retro, if I was like you and had more guitars than I could count than maybe "50th anniversary Les Paul" and "Tele" would do. O:)

I like Daisy, that's a great Telecaster name. Reminds me of Daisy Duke and those loooooooooooooong legs of hers...damn!

Good one, blue! The Dukes of Hazzard are also rednecks, a.k.a. prime Telecaster country. LOL Daisy it is!

Tele056.jpg

Still looking for that right name for the LP.

The Les Paul is a 50th anniversary R9, I've got a thread in the Custom section of the forum. It's brand new.

I'm not one for posting pictures but here it is again.

2R9s175.jpg

R950th159.jpg

I like naming my guitars privately but in reality if I ask someone to grab one they are my Taylor's and my Gibby.....

The first two pet names were easy because they ust fit what I think of each one.....

My Taylor 612C is "Beauty" and my Gibson Advanced Jumbo is "Beast" (Nice name for a Gibby in my mind)

BeautyBeastSmall.jpg

AcousticBackSmall1.jpg

The newest kind of came to me as I was admiring her ample lower bout....

Pleased to introduce........ "Bedonkadonk"

frontcase.jpg

PICT4602.jpg

Archived