Gibson Brands Forums

Am I the only one who loves hand painted Les Pauls?

DaHooomie

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my 1993 Gibson Wine Red Studio. I designed it and took it to a professional for painting. I agree it wouldn't be wise to do it to a custom or even a standard because most of what you're paying extra for is the finish. I hope you like it. I upgraded the tuners and added strap locks while I was at it.

Gibson Les Paul Studio Custom-ized Voodoo Paint

Here's my 1993 Gibson Wine Red Studio. I designed it and took it to a professional for painting. I agree it wouldn't be wise to do it to a custom or even a standard because most of what you're paying extra for is the finish. I hope you like it. I upgraded the tuners and added strap locks while I was at it.

Gibson Les Paul Studio Custom-ized Voodoo Paint

great-grandfather's handlebar mustache ftw

If all goes well, I'll finish my airbrush job on my black Studio (in my avatar) sometime this weekend. I had planned on selling it, but a vision came to me in my dreams.

Actually, I was on the toilet, but whatever.

I'm upgrading to gold hardware, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, Graph Tech saddles, Gold Sperzel tuners, I'm dressing out my Seymour Duncans, and I'm painting a very special little bird on there you might have seen before.

If I don't screw it up, it will be one of the most rock and roll guitars on the planet.

I would never do this to a Standard or a Custom, but on a Studio.....

If all goes well' date=' I'll finish my airbrush job on my black Studio (in my avatar) sometime this weekend. I had planned on selling it, but a vision came to me in my dreams.

Actually, I was on the toilet, but whatever.

I'm upgrading to gold hardware, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, Graph Tech saddles, Gold Sperzel tuners, I'm dressing out my Seymour Duncans, and I'm painting a very special little bird on there you might have seen before.

If I don't screw it up, it will be one of the most rock and roll guitars on the planet.

I would never do this to a Standard or a Custom, but on a Studio.....[/quote']

You need to post pictures as soon as your done!

Archived